Dare I?

So here I'm thinking... I like the template on the other blog... better than this one. And it says, if I change it I'll lose all customizations made... did I make any? Or is that the changes that ETK made when she saved my blog? Will it send me back to Aussie Adam's lair? Oh, what to do ... I guess if I break it again, I could always have ETK fix me. She's so gooooooood.

Got a mocha this morning. There's no pep in it. The girl didn't add the coffee part. Boo. Now I'm drinking hot chocolate for breakfast. Unhappy.

I'm sick. Scratchy throat. Coughing all night. Didn't sleep much. Monkey woke up at 5am and of course didn't want to go back to sleep until after I got ready for work. Go figure. Lil stinker is so cute I can barely stand it, even when I'm sleep deprived and sick...

Speaking of...today is his 4 month checkup. that means, 4 shots and a crying mom. I hate shots. Poor baby. I feel REALLY bad because I make Babe stand there and hold his hands while I stand behind him and cry. So, Monkey screams bloody murder and when they're done I make babe hand him over to me. I feel bad because really, if Babe is going to suffer through watching his kid go through that, he should be able to get a little love out of the deal too, no? I can't help it though.. it's like an instinct - he's crying so he must need his mommy. Today is a day that makes me hate being a mom. Can't stand shots.

Babe's detoxing again. Veggie detox. Nothing but veggies and fruit, no potatoes, carbs, meats, nada. Just veggies and fruits. Water and one yogurt... it's a tough detox but it'll help kick start his metabolism and he'll start dropping weight pretty soon. I made veggie chili for him last night. It's actually quite good but you can tell there's something missing... meat. Either way, he'll survive with this, but it certainly isn't exciting. And he'll eat a TON over the next couple days. I'm talking 2 apples, an orange, bananas, bowl of chili, salad, yogurt, probably 4 - 6 waters, grapes, hummus and cucumbers/carrots/celery. And that's all in one day for him at work. Dinner's a whole nuther story. It's crazy, but it works.

Don't you just love surprises? I don't. Not unless it's a true surprise and I don't even know it's coming. The anticipation usually kills me so I'd rather just not know. That way I don't have time to build it up in my head and by the time the "surprise" gets here, it's a bathing suit that I ordered instead of the Hawaiian vacation I've conjured up in my head. :)

So in honor of surprises, I think I have to post this picture:

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    OMG!! i burst out laughing when I saw L's picture!!!!!!! Priceless!!!!!!!!
    THAT was a good surprise!  

  2. Tweb said...

    And that's the response I was hoping for. :)