Well there we have it... 4 month checkup under our belt and FOUR shots, out of the way. It's pretty bad when those 4 tiny shots bring tears to the parents eyes... poor fella. He handled it pretty well and O said that he napped and now seems to be in pretty good spirits. So we'll see if that doesn't rub off by tonight. Happy is good though!
Stats:
Weight: 17.7lbs! He's in the 90th percentile for his age
Height: 26 inches tall, again 90th percentile
Head: 50th percentile
So there you have it, our big tall boy has an average head. Pretty funny considering that I was worried his head would be giant like his little sisters was. :)
The shots sucked but Babe was wonderful in hanging in there with him, soothing him and then picking him up and handing him to me, as I hid behind him so I couldn't see the horrible things going on with those needles. Poor little man. Babe is good to me this way. He knows I can't help but NEED to hold that little boy when he's crying like that. Ugh... he's a good daddy.
Doc said I need to start training him to sleep through the night. She said that I have to put him in his crib before he falls asleep so he can learn to PUT himself to sleep. That way, if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he won't need to nurse in order to fall back asleep. Makes sense. And she said to let him fuss for 10 minutes before going back in there to sooth him. Babe just looked at me like, yeah right, no way you'll be able to do that. He's right... SO right. I'll need his help. Maybe he can lock me in the bedroom and wait for a timer to go off. I don't let the kid get to the point of screaming tears. Ever. I just don't see it necessary. I think he's been pretty good at not using that against me so far. I can see how it would be time to start working on her plan though. He'll get old enough to figure out that if he fusses a little, I'll come in to check on him.
What most people don't understand though is that "sleeping through the night" for the doctors definition, is sleeping around 6hrs uninterrupted. Monkey was doing that a couple weeks ago. Now he's back down to like 4hrs. And I'm sure it's my fault, I run in there at the first sign of him fussing around. Stupid sleepwalking mom.
We'll see!!! AND we get to start introducing Rice cereal. so exciting!! We'll do that this weekend I think. Can't do any other flavors until 6 months because both babe and I have a shellfish allergy and they say that if allergies run in the family, it's best to hold off on solids. THe sooner you introduce them to solids, the higher the risk of them developing an allergy. So, rice cereal it is! I can't wait!
Oh, and I'm going to start supplementing formula. Just a bit to get him used to the flavor so we won't have any issues when we go to Mexico. My lil boy is getting sooo big!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)