What a weekend...

So... Saturday was an interesting day. Alright, it wasn't interesting, it was exciting, boring, irritating, frustrating and fun. We woke up at 5:30 and were on the road by 6:15, trailer in tow. A friend of mine let me use his Range Rover to pull the car back from Ft. Wayne. I tell ya, that's the way to travel if you have to go driving that long. Talk about comfy.
Anyway, so we get on the road and through the construction, minor traffic and extremely boring corn fields, trailer parks, camper parks/Yogi Bear camp grounds.... we arrived in Ft. Wayne 4hrs after hitting the road. Not too bad. The car is LITTLE! I wasn't ready for it to be that small. Seriously. Too damn funny. I laughed. We took it for a test drive. The owner was nice, he bought it new... he he he.. it's a 1976 TR6. One owner. Cracked me up. He's an otolaryngologist. Ear nose and throat doc. He was impressed that I new the real name for it. Quite frankly, so was I....
The drive home... we stopped at some po-dunk "town" and had Arby's. Uh...the people in there, customers that is... freaked us out so bad we scarfed down our food so fast that... well hell, I don't remember ever eating that fast. Crazies!!! Back on the road, we discovered that Indiana sucks. Corn fields and traffic. Pretty much sums it up. Someone in Indiana came up with this "brilliant" toll booth idea where you take a ticket getting ON to the toll road and then when you get off, you pay for how far you've driven. Well... in theory, sounds like a good idea. However, if you factor in the horrendous traffic you cause by makign EVERY motorist stop and pay a tab of a certain $ amount... ITS FUCKING STUPID! We sat in an hour and a half traffic just trying to get through the friggin toll booth!

Okay, we get through that and more traffic a mile or two up, for ANOTHER tolll booth. This one, flat rate, but had ONE... yes.. ONE friggin booth open for ALL of the cars that are paying cash to go through. UNREAL. Indiana is worthless. We'll probably never go back to that state again. I hope not at least. Seriously.

THEN... Hello... Taste of Chicago was going on this weekend which means BILLIONS of people funneling into the city to eat food and walk the water front. Great festival if you like being part of the close knit million people walking around with rib juice on your face or man-handling a giant turkey leg. *gag*. So that took us THREE HOURS to get around the city.

After finally getting it home, Babe was relieved to get the lil guy cleaned up and that's when the joy set in. He's so damn cute I can barely stand it.

The cleaned up product! Looks good in our driveway!And of course, the first joy ride with H.... The damn car is just about the right size for her!


Things I don't believe in:

* Pills that get rid of bags under your eyes
* Creams that fix cellulite
* Any ad on TV that, after selling their pitch, follows up with "And if you act now, we'll send you an extra unit for FREE!!!"
* Those ads that don't follow up by doubling the product, yet the shipping charges are more than the actual product cost

And last but not least... this is what Babe couldn't stop focusing on last night: My belly. Apparently it's big. So he took a bazillion pictures. Here they are for your viewing pleasures:


Yep, pretty big... then again, I'm workin on 23 weeks here!!
And I guess I can't blame him, I'm pretty obsessed with my belly too... pretty hard not to be when I know there's a lil boy growin in there!!
It occurred to me this morning that... man I'm going to miss this lil guy when he's not in there anymore. Strange to be thinking about it so early, but I can't help it. I'm already in love with him!!! Oh, and please excuse the "unshowered" look... because... well, I am unshowered and have convertible hair. Nice!!!

5 comments:

  1. tt said...

    OMG!! Can you get any cuter? lil monkey looks real comfy in there. :) You'll miss not being pg? Most women don't...I did tho..:)
    And the car.....well........it suits ya'll perfectly! Wind-blown hair is goovey. That'll be fun to tool around in for sure.  

  2. tt said...

    BTW- Indiana isn't so bad once you get away from the Highways.They didn't have those funky tolls when we were there thank gawd. We adored living in Lafayette. It's changed a great deal since we were there in the 80's I'm told but the ppl were really nice I think. And the antiques!!! Lawdie mercy..they're everywhere!  

  3. Tweb said...

    YEah, I'll miss being PG... just the way this lil guy moves around like he's sitting in there goin "Hey ma, move that waist band it's buggin me!"

    I'm his little oven. Awww..

    I have GOT to get a name for this lil monkey... I swear, it's getting strange talking to him without a name. "How's my little man doing today?"  

  4. Tweb said...

    Oh, and I'm sure IN had some lovely areas and I do not doubt the antiquing... but I could give up the antiquing to never have to deal with that crapola again!!! LOL!!!  

  5. ETK said...

    OH MY GOD. COULD YOU BE ANY CUTER? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

    I haven't read and caught up yet, but I just had to squeal because you are freaking adorable!!!!!!