Just to start, yes, both of us (me and baby) are fine.
Monday, I got this side cramp. Right between my hip bone and my ribs. painful almost like I pulled a muscle or something. I sat back at my desk and watched my belly move around for about 35 minutes and that seemed to help. (the relaxing part, not the belly watching - although I did enjoy that thoroughly).
Tuesday, same time, 12:30, eating strawberries, as I was the day before, the cramp came back. This time, even relaxing for a bit, wasn't helping. I swore it was the strawberries so I stopped eating them and continued working. Even when I walked around though, it hurt. So much that sometimes it made me stop in my tracks. I left work early because of the 4th, too slow to be here. By the time I got home, I was in tears it hurt so bad. Babe had me call my OB. The nurse took my symptoms, called me back and said the DR wants me to go to the ER.
Wha? *panic sets in*. I called Babe, he said he'd meet me there.
Bawling all the way to the ER... I walk in:
Me: I have a pain in my side, my DR wanted me to come here to...
Triage lady: How far along are you?
Me: 23 weeks
Triage Lady:
I'm going to have L&D come and get you.
Me:
*start crying again*
Just then Babe calls and I tell him about L&D, he may have hung up on me... I don't remember.
They took me to L&D, hooked me up to make sure I wasn't contracting, fetal monitor to check the baby out (which I could have told them to just look at my belly, this boy was doing somersaults in there as usual). BP, Blood drawn, urine, etc... 3 hrs later, they still had no answers for me except it wasn't an infection, no contractions and my baby... is VERY active (No shit
)
After talking to my Dr and telling him how much my belly has popped within the last week and a half, he tells me it was most likely ligaments / muscles stretching... and because I was so tiny before that my body's like WTF!! NOT cool
and that I just need to relax for the next couple of days.
They suggest some belt like contraption that may help hold my belly up a bit and relieve pressure on my muscles. Yeah right... I can barely wear pants without pissing this little boy off in there... a belt, isn't going to happen.
Prognosis: I'm getting frikkin huge. And I still have 4 more months of this to go.
So that was my freakin scary ass experience this past Tuesday. I've never been so scared in my life. I mean, the pain for me was unbearable, but I was sooo scared that something would effect my lil monkey, that I was beside myself... what did I do, how did I cause this, how can I fix it... crazy how your mind shifts to the well being of your lil baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhh, so sorry you had to go through that. Sounds like wee-one is doing some kick boxing trying to break down some walls...
Hang in there :)