Weekend festivities are OVER! (translation: no more stress for the Tweb)

Ahhh... it has been a very good weekend, but a stressful one nonetheless. Planned a surprise b-day party for Babe. His sister flew out from CO as a surprise for the weekend and that was good fun.

It's interesting watching people get drunk around you. Friday we had a wedding to go to. More drunk people. That was interesting. One couple in particular. He's a loud laugher. She is this itty bitty thing that seemed to want to show off. They served, what we thought was filet, overcooked green beans and tiny potatoes. We ate the veggies but the steak was a little...uh...overcooked and dry. I started laughing uncontrollably because the more I looked at the steak, the more it looked gray. I dunno... I'm a complete snob when it comes to steak so I really had no right comparing. Anyway, back to this tiny thing...she started slamming beer as to fit in with the boys. It was pretty funny. And then she stuffed the entire steak down her gullet and moved on to finish all her taters and beans... more beer... Then she got that tough look on her face where she wouldn't look at anyone becasue she was so tough. Entertaining nonetheless.

The bride and groom looked perfect. And by perfect, I mean, someone really should have shrunk them and put them on their delicious cake. I adore them in all their weird isms. Can't wait to see pics from their Alaskan cruise.

Saturday was the surprise party. Good times. So stressful and I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and I hate that. Especially because the lil monkey makes it hard to do those kinds of things these days. Belly is so big, even Babe's sister said, Uh, Tweb, I don't know how you're going to get any bigger...
Dude... I have 4 more months of growing to do!! And then he moves around and I smile like it's the first time I've felt it. And every time, I swear I say "I love you"... uh, it's heaven!

Sorry...back to the par-tay. What's great about not drinking during the party, outside of not doing anything embarrassing, is that I woke up feeling fantastic and to a clean house! Babe and his sister...now that may be another story! Ha... ran out and got sbux and bagels for them.

I'm so happy the weekend is over. Now I can focus on spoiling him... his b-day is tuesday so he's got two more days!

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Glad you had a great weekend and the stress is over. I was a tad bit worried about you. :(
    Ttummy a bit big these days...just wait. By the time I delivered, my tummy was literally 3 inches from my knees whenever I sat down in the tub!!Seriously! I still have a vivid picture in my mind...it made me feel almost deformed. ha ha...wait untill you see your tummy the day after....yuck-0!
    :) Worth it, but yuck!

    I'm a snob about steaks too...ha ha-go figure.
    ;)  

  2. ETK said...

    pictures pictures! was he totally surprised???  

  3. Tweb said...

    He was totally surprised. I don't have pictures! Can you believe it? I'm an idiot. But whatever. I'm an idiot that apparently does good things like surprise parties. I was so out of it by the time people showed up that I didn't introduce ANYONE to each other. bad hostess and I didn't even care!!!

    Thanks TT for that lovely tummy warning! I was cooking and my tummy got really Hot! Then I realized, I'm so big, my belly gets to the stove before I do!