Thoughts about bacteria:

So, not sure if its like this in any other city or not, but here we have issues with the beaches. Not always, which is odd... and I completely don't get, but whatever. Each morning, the lifeguards walk out and test the water for bacteria. If the levels are too high, they close the beach for the day. Uh... lemme get this straight, so beaches A, B and F may be open, but C, D and E are closed because the levels are too high? Are you kidding me? They're RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! And beyond that, you're really comfortable swimming in a lake that was closed the day before because the bacteria levels were too high? What, today they're fine? Do they just go from beach to beach, not sharing their bacteria levels?

I don't get it. It grosses me out so bad that I haven't swam in Lake Michigan in YEARS. Since they started closing them for these bacteria levels. It's just not right. I don't care if it's just because of bird poop or heat or the power plant located 20 miles north right on the beach, it freaks.me.out.

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I never have been a fan of Lakes. We've got tons of them and I just don't like them. I like going out on a boat but that's it. Too stinky and what are those things that like to 'nip' at you in the water anyway...fish??? No thanks...give me a pool anytime thank you very much. In my backyard...even better!