My dream last night went from chatting with a friend about her Mary Kay product line to stretch marks that were so bad, my skin turned clear and it actually looked like a river of "stuff" flowing through my belly. Freaked me out. Then in my dream, I started to panic that I wasn't having any Braxton Hicks contractions (fake contractions).
My son is a mover and a shaker. So I go to bed at night, usually right after he's finished his evening routine, and then am woken up either by Babe or by my son, starting another routine. I would imagine that's why I'm having such crazy dreams these days. That and the thought of my sister in law telling me she doesn't know how I"ll get any bigger... that helps too..
On the phone with my mom last night, when we started talking baby, the first thing out of her mouth is "So how's this going to work, is Steve going to call me as soon as you go into labor so I can start my way up?"
I'm so torn and so bothered by this. I love her so much, she is my best friend, but I don't want her to be up here the second I get home from the hospital with the baby. I want to spend the time alone with my husband and my new son. I don't think that's selfish, I don't think it's wrong, I don't want it any other way.... but I don't know how to tell her that. She's so sensitive. It's going to be really hard for me to say it to her, but I'm going to have to suck it up and just say "Mom, Babe and I were talking and decided we wanted to spend the first week just the three of us. You know, to get used to the baby, to heal a bit, to let the baby get used to us and the new environment. I think the best time to come up would be after that first week, okay?"
It's going to SUCK telling her that, but it has to be done. There's no way in hell I'm going to come home from the hospital and wake up at 2am to feed my son, knowing fully that my mom will wake up and sit there with me in the nursery while I feed. Uh... no. Not gonna happen. Need some me time with my baby.
Posted by
Tweb
at
11:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're right. Good luck though.