Logan Neil is his name. my beautiful baby boy...


So today was fun. I swear, this kid brightens my world... Funny stuff... so I go to change him after his nap and before I've fed him. Mind you, I have approximately 45 seconds to do this befoe he really turns up the volume. I don't blame him though, with what has to be done, I'd cry too.


anyway, so I take off his diaper and think... I should leave that flipped up until I get his other diaper ready. And I think this was probably one of my smartest decisions as a parent yet. He let it rip... he pooped in an open diaper...and where there's poop, there's obviously the automatic sprinkler that turns on... lucky for me, I still had that diaper flipped up. Unlucky for me, an unsecured diaper means... leakage. At least we controlled the water works! Quick clean and change clothes...Life is good again.


We had our checkup today. Lil porker is doing good, up to 7lbs .5oz. He's gained more weight which is great, more than what he weighed at birth! THATS usually unheard of until they're 2 weeks old. Overachiever. :) So we get back, I go to change his diaper and as soon as I pull that sucker off, BAM, waterworks! I swear he was aiming for me! And he got me.. a little. And his clothes, and his packnplay... and his blanket... I love it. All I could do was laugh my butt off. Poor kid.. And now, because of all the messes we had today.. we're going to have a lil bath here in a minute and he's going to HATE that. I don't blame him, I tell ya, I hate cold too. I'd scream too.


But the best part is afterwards, when I get him all dressed and he smells so good.. and I hold him and kiss his head, his soft hairs on my lips, I swear he hugs me back. {insert tear here}


And last night, Babe and I were talking about the first time we knew when we loved each other. And of course, I cried. I hugged him today and it was the first time in a LONG time that I felt like I could actually feel him next to me. No more belly. I missed him so much. SO much. I can't wait until I can move around like normal so that whole cuddling thing we had can come back. I miss that so much I can barely stand it....


My mom is coming Next week to visit instead of Thanksgiving week. I'm excited for her to meet Logan but again... what's the first thing to cross my mind? I worry about her going to visit old "friends"... troublemakers. Alcoholic troublemakers. Alcoholic drivers. Bad influences all around. I don't have the energy to "mother" her... so instead I'm going to torture her and make her spend every single second she's up here visiting.. WITH ME. Take that. I'll make her be my bitch. Babe will be back to work so I'll need a fill in. :)


Life is good, no? And this is what a doctors visit will do to you if you are 6 days old:


4 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    OMG. He's just delicious!!!!!!! I want to squeeze him!!!  

  2. tt said...

    You're such a good daughter! And an even better Mom...:)
    I'm gonna be in heaven hearing all the stories to come. Keep it up.  

  3. tt said...

    And........whatcha puttin in your milk?? Gained already!?...You must have the 'high octane' stuff in them bewbies!
    Yay!! That proves it's a success!! Yay for Tweb and Logan!!!  

  4. ETK said...

    MORE MORE MORE WOMAN. I keep checking back exceptin' to see more pictures of lovely little logan. POST! :)