Well, I figured I'd pop on and put some info here since SOMEONE is soooo excited to find out the deets of my lil monkey's arrival. What a sweetie pie!!!
Here's the story:
Tuesday night we figured we’d go out for one last dinner before the big day. So out we went to our local establishment, had a nice dinner and were home in bed by 10. I woke up at 1:20 to go to the bathroom. While rolling over in all my pregnant glory, I thought I heard my hip crack which wasn’t so out of the ordinary since all of my joints cracked quite often since getting pregnant. So, I go to the bathroom…and I go, and I go, and I go… I thought it was quite a bit but then figured it had a lot to do with all the water I chugged the night before, knowing that because I had a scheduled C-section planned for noon, I wasn’t allowed to drink anything after midnight. I get up to go back to bed and feel a trickle… uh oh… lil man must be sitting on my bladder again. I go back to the bathroom to clean up and … I go again…and I go, and I go… Yeah, it’s at this point where I start thinking, could that pop have been my water breaking? So I tell the hubby that I think I broke my water but wasn’t sure. We decided to lay a towel down in bed and if something were to start happening, we’d go from there. Well, I did that and when I crawled back into bed… more leaking. I figured it’s probalby best to call the doctor. Called the doc, the answering service had him call me back in about 3 minutes. He agreed, I was in labor and I was to get my things ready and head over to L&D. Woke up DH, had him take a shower and I drove to the hospital. Yes, I drove. Why? Because I figured this was my last chance to drive anywhere for a while and my hubby had quite a bit of wine at dinner so I figured it was safer for me to drive. I started having contractions that were in my lower back, like bad menstrual cramps. Then they moved to the lower abdomen and were pretty strong menstrual cramps. Nothing I couldn't handle though.
When we got to the hosptial, they prepped me, IV’d me, checked out my stuff…with absolutely NO progress but contractions that were about 4 minutes apart and really strong, they wheeled me off to the O.R. for my spinal. That was fun. Actually, when you’ve started having “real” contractions, the tiny burning prick in your back isn’t so bad. And it doesn’t last that long. Anyway, my feet got hot and tingly and that was the last I felt of my lower half. I laid there waiting for them to bring my husband in and I started feeling like I was going to throw up. And I almost did! I got a pretty throbbing headache that lasted maybe 3 minutes… not too bad… couldn’t tell what was going on behind that curtain. They could have been removing my legs for all I knew.
It’s now 4 am and they bring my husband in to sit with me. He sat there and stared into my eyes and every once in a while his eyes would wander over the curtain... I'd have to remind him. "Over here! Look at me... you know what kind of trauma that will cause!" He's such a beautiful man, it was sooo easy to sit there and just look at them while all I cold feel was tugging and pushing. I think I fell in love with him all over again in that room.
They start the procedure and 5 minutes later, I hear the most beautiful sound on earth, my son whailing like he’d been waiting to do that for 9 months! Music to my ears!!! They showed him to me and my husband and I swear, probably one of the most amazing feelings I’ve ever had. Full head of dark hair, these big pouty “I’m cold put some clothes on me” lips… oh, he is beautiful!
They take him over to be tested, scoring an 8 and a 9 on his apgars, and DH takes tons of pictures while they do their thing to fix me up. They head over to the nursery to clean him up and I meet up with them in recovery about 40 minutes later.
I’m floating on cloud 9 right now… it’ so surreal to have what I have in front of me, I can’t even begin to explain it. He’s a wonderful baby so far. An over achiever I guess since he was born at 6 lbs 9 oz, went down to 6lbs 5 oz, and then gained another 2 oz, which is never heard of while the baby is still in the hospital. Nursing has been a great experience for us so far. Didn't know that job came with jumbo size bewbies!!! WOW!!!
And here's what I get to look at EVERY day: I couldn't be happier... I swear I couldn't be...
My beautiful men:
OH MY GOD! WHAT A FREAKING ADORABLE BABY!!!! HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 How, in the hell, did you tear yourself away long enough to type all that?
What's his name????? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I was going to say AFT....but I won't. ;)
I don't think you've ever looked happier..at least since you got preggers anyway!
Loved the story. Adore the pictures...Babe looks very content as do you. And Lil Monkey...wow...he's truely beautiful.
Judging from the pictures, I think he broke your water cuz he ran out of room in there! Lordie girl...
I know! He's so stinkin adorable I can barely stand it! Thanks!!!
You would think I'd remember to post his name.. duh!!!
Logan Neil... that's my boy!