So, things have been going okay so far... with little sleep. That's to be expected but now my little monkey has a cold. He's congested and it's driving me insane with this helpless feeling. I want to fix it but I can't. I can try. Not sure it's going to help.
He's such a good baby, I feel awful that he feels this crappy. Poor kid. I was just thinking... it's been almost 3 weeks that I've been out of work. Insane. And yet, I still have a full time job. Logan. I wish I could get a little help. Feel like I'm doing it all on my own and that's not what I had envisioned.
On a brighter note... I love his parts so much I can barely stand it. See:
His chicken legs... they always do this when I'm trying to change that diaper of his... makes it hard!
His chubby face blowing spit bubbles... usually followed by a bunch of drool... That's my boy...
And of course... these lovely long bubbly toes... I love to kiss them... And he... Well I'm not quite convinced that he loves it as much as I do. :) He'll get used to it some day.
I am officially below my pre pregnancy weight. Yep... Got my body back in under 3 weeks. Crazy no? Thats what I say. My fingers are still numb but the swelling has gone down enough for me to stuff my wedding ring on my finger. Uh... it's not going to come off... so I'll have to wait for the swelling to go down some more...so I can stuff my engagement ring on there too!!!!
I feel great. A little bored, but physically doing well. I feel like I'm alone a lot and even when I'm not, I have a baby attached to me so I'm still kinda alone. I would imagine this feeling will fade as Logan gets a little more aware of his surroundings and is a little more fun to "play" with. For now I guess I just need to hang in there a bit.
My mom is here visiting. While I love her to pieces and am ecstatic that she's here, I wonder why she's staying so long. Sounds mean huh? Well... I thought she'd come up to see the baby, hang out wiht us, get to know him a little... and she's barely held him twice. I doubt she comes up again for at least a year so I would think she'd want to get her fill of him. Instead, she's outside raking leaves with Babe. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's hangin with Babe and H... just wish she'd try to spend a little more time with Logan. What can ya do though?
We've gone out to lunch twice now, both times were a success. L just slept through the loud music and dishes banging around...while I sat there like a nervous nelly... worried about him waking in a major "I need boob" meltdown that I can't control... which he's NEVER done before, but I'm still a worry wart. It's nice to get out and act like an adult again. I wish beer was good for me right now because I could really use a good buzz and to forget about that whole not drinking for 9 months... or 6 at least. :)
The leaves are falling, it's chilly out and football is on. Pretty great time of the year if you ask me. Wish it weren't too cold to go for a walk with lil L. Him being sick... he'll be lucky if I leave the house to take him to the doctor!!! Kidding of course. We venture out to the drive through starbucks every morning.. and he likes that as long as the jeep keeps moving... good times!!!
That's all I have for now. I'll do my best to take some more parts pictures and post them later for you picture whores. I know how it is... I am one too. :)
Lots o love,
tlee <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww..you're doing such a great job!! I can feel the love by the way you write. You make me proud lil girl!
It is overwelming at first. Everything is so new and you want to make sure everything is just right. You're not alone sweetie. You've got us picture whores ready tobe your 'beck and call bitches' whenever you need us! LOL
Congrats of the weight thing. You did that extremely fast! Are you eating? 'member, Logan needs his 'goo-goo goodies'.
Mwahhhhhhh to you!
LOVE the bubbles too! When he's older can I teach him to squeeze jello through his teeth??? Huh? Huh? Pleaaasssseeeeeeeeeee!
Nibble them toes for me too!
Yummy!
Oh My God. He's freaking adorable. How do you not just gobble him up 24/7??? I found something for you this weekend - expect a package in the mail shortly. :)
Well you know I won't deny the gifts, but really you shouldn't have!!! Especially because it's YOUR birthday coming up!!!
I am eating, I promise. usual mochas, yogurt, chicken sandwich for lunch with fries... there WILL be ice cream in my future.. thai food last night and a big ass brownie sunday... yeah, I have no idea where it's going but it sure isn't sticking to my ass, which is a good thing@
Lil Logan is a happy boy. He was just awake for THREE HOURS! That's the longest ever! Oh... he's growing up sooo fast!