So Saturday night, I put on my big girl pants, a WHITE sweater, a bra that didn't clip in the front, a necklace and downsized my usual JJ cole "purse" that carries diapers and drool rags... for the lovely new brown coach I got a couple months ago, and I left. Yep, first time alone with the baby in the evening. He gave the lil monkey a bottle when he got fussy and he took it! His first bottle ever!!! Crazy, no? Well I couldn't be more proud of the lil bugger...
Anyway... so apparently it's not easy "babysitting" a 7 week old. Huh... who knew? Apparently Logan screamed his cute little head off the entire time I was out at a friends party. I got 2 calls from Babe informing me that I didn't have to come home, but just know that he may need me soon because L was a mad crazy crying baby.
When I got home, Babe almost grabbed my keys and left. He said he was tempted to go out and have a beer to shake off the crazy evening with the baby. Oddly enough, Lil monkey stopped screaming and fell asleep on mommy. Huh...
So FINALLY I got the recognition... " I don't know how you do it.. that's not at all easy."
REALLY? It's about dayum time he figured that out. So remember those 2 weeks that I was a monster bitch and a half? Well there you go... that would be me trying to figure out how to handle situations like your tiny 2 1/2 hr experience on saturday. I love you, but you gotta be more involved so that doesn't happen again.
And yet, it made me smile. Finally... I'm not the only one that baby screamed at. And finally I'm not the only one in the house that thinks it's hard to have a baby.. :)
Oh, and the big news.. I GOT MY RING BACK ON MY FINNER!!! Will post pictures of that (and possibly bath time pictures) later when monkey is sleeping... as for now, I do believe he's calling for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY! YAY for so many things!!!! Yay for the ring back on! Yay for Babe spending time on his on and FINALLY recognizing! Yay for going out to a party! Yay for alone time for you (ish)! Yay yay yay!
I had the biggest shit-eatin' grin on my face the whole time I was reading this!! It's about-elfin'-time!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!
Now, do it again!
**she says w/ a sinister laugh**
I know... I've got to get him to spend more alone time with Logan. It's the only way he's going to get used to him...
WOOHOO!!