Clipping fingernails... but you miss the nail and clip the skin under the nail. That's enough to make you cry instantly every single time. I was trying to be sly and do it while he was sleeping, because really there is no other good time to do it.. and he jerked his hand just as I clipped.. ouch. Poor monkey.
I sent mom some Chicago Style pizza and apple pie today. Well, actually it's from Logan. I'm pretty excited about that. I've started the holiday shopping. I have a package I'm putting together for her, which should tickle her pink. (that's her saying - Tickled pink) Of course including things like, my old jeans that are super hot but no longer welcome in my house (yes, she LOVES my handmedowns because she can't find that kind of stuff in the po-dunk town she lives in) and a box of chocolates (who doesn't love chocolate). Oh and a book that I found on Gene Wilder. She loves that guy.
Babe has been super helpful this year for gifts for him. We weren't really doing gifts but apparently the creativity level for him has risen over the years and he bought me things anyway. We were going to just use the imac as a gift from/to both of us, but apparently he got excited and bought a couple other things. He's so damn cute.
And now... my favorite FAVORITE thing to do this time of the year.. wrap presents. And I have to say, I'm DAMN good at it. I love it. I'd wrap everyone's presents if they'd let me. So that's the one thing I love about this time of year. That and the exciting feeling I get for thinking that I will raise Logan to actually appreciate the gifts he'll get during the holiday season. H on the other hand... has no appreciation because she's spoiled rotten. Babe said to her the other day, Well, now you know you might not get EVERYTHING on your Christmas list to Santa, right? and she responded by saying That's okay, I already talked to Grandma about it and she said that if Santa doesn't bring it for me that she'll get it for me.
Yeah, COULD she ruin Christmas any more for me? Seriously, the kid hasn't played with the toys she got LAST year... why bother getting her toys this year? So we're not. We'll get her a razor scooter and books and learning tools that she'll have no choice but use. Let her mom and grandma buy her toys that she won't play with. I'm done with that. And I get that sometimes toys get pushed aside and what not... but we're talking about the MAJORITY of her toys... no interest at all. Hell, she's got games in her play room that still have plastic wrap on them. We really should just regift them.
Anyway, my mission is to help this kid be spoiled but yet appreciate or at least play with/break the toys he gets for Christmas. A mission I tell ya!
I need to go eat a cookie.
So I was thinking about that wonderful woman in OK... and a little worried about her freezing her lil toosh off along with her Lovee and parental units. I am keeping them in my warm thoughts and hoping that they get electricity soon to warm their bums!!! Luv ya tlee.!!!
Monkey is sleeping... and I wanna go wake him up cuz I lurve him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)
No worries about ms. tt. I have spoken with her every day. Although spirits were lagging (tired and overwhelmed with the necessary constant supervision of her dear parents), she did her best to remain cheerful.
The best news: she called late last night and said all power was on. I checked this afternoon and it's still on. So, tonight she gets to go home and snuggle with her honey. :)
I sent her an extra special care package this morning (to arrive tomorrow). She was super sad about missing all her blog reading - so I printed what you, Sunshine and i had written since her power went out and included it in the box so she could catch up.
:)
You are so damn sweet!
I feel overwhelmingly loved at this point!!
Thanks..