So I get a call from a co-worker. Now mind you, this coworker is in another state but we've bonded throughout the years because she's... well, she's a bitcher like me. We complain to each other, we keep each others secrets, we lean on each other when need be...she's really good at her job and has been SOOO helpful to me.. We're actually pretty close. But still. Really? This is how the conversation went:

Her: I'm so excited for you! I just wanted to give you a call instead of emailing you.
Me: Aww, thanks that's so sweet of you.
Her: So how much weight did you gain?
Me: Uh... What?
Her: Weight... how much did you gain during your pregnancy?
Me: Um... 24lbs.
Her:Oh, that's not bad at all...
Me: Uh.... thanks?
Her: SO you'll be in the hospital for a day or so?
Me: No, with a cesarean it's 3 nights.
Her:Okay, well I'll be thinking about you, send me pictures!!! I won't keep you, you sound busy.

WTF? Seriously? You flat out ask me how much weight I've gained as if it's really the only reason you called... THAT.WAS.WEIRD.

2 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    OMG - tomorrow is it!!!! i'm so excited for you that I almost just called you. :)  

  2. Tweb said...

    Ha, you're so cute... I'm so excited too!!! I'm trying to "slack" but it's hard... it's almost 9 and I'm fighting the urge to shower. What ever will I do if i get ready?