This is what I saw on my leisure drive in to work this morning:
Yes...that's a foot sticking out of the back of that truck. :)
So, what a great weekend. Babe and I hung out and ran errands... Ate out a lot, went to places that we know will be off limits for a bit after the baby's here.... great weekend all in all. Oh, except get this, we went to the spa on Saturday. I got a gift certificate from my sister in law for a local spa...well, I already have a "hair girl" and a "dye guy" so the only thing left would be a massage..which I don't do. THe only massage I've ever enjoyed was on my honeymoon and my husband was laying on a massage table right next to me. Pretty hard to re-create. So, I made an appt to get HIM a massage and a 10 minute upper back chair massage and pedicure for me. Well... I get to the salon and they sit me with the pedicure girl...who JUST graduated from nail school... and she did the SHITTIEST job on my toes. I mean, no massage... no pampering... just a shitty job. Not to mention, I had her do a french pedi on the toes so they match my finners. My finners naturally look like they've been french manicured, why not try to get the toes to match, right? So she did her thing and I shit you not... it looks like H painted my toenails! They are LAUGHABLE!!! Uneven white... just ridiculous! So she finishes and takes me back to the masseuse. NOw mind you, I've never had a chair massage before, but I figured maybe she could attack the knot in my upper back... well you literally sit straddlin this chair like contraption...WITH YOUR FEET FACE DOWN ON THE CARPET. Uh... just had a pedi... this isn't going to work. The girl says, oh wow...they should have had you come to me first. Duh, you think? So she brings me back up to the front where the owner is standing behind the counter. She's this rough looking, I've been around the block a couple hundred times, looking old lady... The masseuse tells her that she cant' do the massage because it will mess my pedi... the lady says "Oh, I don't think so but whatever. I don't care. Cancel it. I don't see how it will mess her nails... but whatever."
Mean bitch. Luckily they gave us cash back for what was left on the certificate and we were out of there. Even Babe said he won't be going back to that place... the massage was okay, but he'd rather spend an extra $20 and go to the usual place we go to...
I came in today to make sure my out of office assistant was on my puter and to change my vm. I'll clean up my email and get out of here to meet my wonderful hubby for lunch and then go do some shopping or something of that sort... you know, nothing too strenuous. I mean, I AM having a baby on Wednesday! :)
I'm feeling good... still moving around just fine. Strange thing is that on Saturday night, I felt sick. I actually woke up in the middle of the night, wondering if I was going to get sick. That sucked. But I didn't. I was fine. Just an odd feeling for me since I haven't had any of that at all during this pregnancy. And last night, I barely slept at all. I think that both Babe and I are getting to that worry mode... you know, hoping the baby will be healthy. Because really, you never can tell. He looks healthy from all the ultrasounds, he seems healthy by his movement and all the tests they've done on me.. but you just don't know. Lucky for us, we JUST started feeling this way instead of going the entire pregnancy worrying. I'm trying to stay positive, mostly for Babe. I hate that he worries... because he's not a worrier! So when he does... he does it biggly. So, I'll do my best the nest TWO DAYS to keep him thinkin positively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's it. Keep those positive vibes going. Lil Monkey and Babe need them and it'll probably be good for you too.
Maybe the girlinanotherstate...was just wanting to be a wee bit more personal...and she lost her way in doing so?? Train wreck maybe??
Uh yeah, trainwreck. She and I are close like that where I wouldn't normally have an issue with it but that was just odd...