We're Back!~

Okay, so let me first say that my son travels like a champ. The kid slept the entire way there and with the exception of a couple tiny outbursts, slept the most of the way back. He just chilled looking out the window. What a great baby.

So you know how it goes, brag about the kid and he'll show you wrong.
Me: He's such a great baby, never cries and is a great sleeper.
Logan: Huh... is that right? Well I'll show her. Doesnt she know that I have a LOW tolerance for more than 3 ppl holding me? When I'm in high demand, I SHALL CRY.

Me: Uh, I swear he's a good baby.

Everyone thought he was fat. Well, he's a chubby baby of course. So was I as a baby.

So the trip went like this:

Friday: Picked up H from her mothers house. Realize instantly that she's got a nasty cold. Effing great. God forbid you make the little girl stay home for once to GET BETTER, instead of going on vacation and getting worse... ugh, I digress... Flight went well, gate checked the carseat and stroller. Arrived in FL and was picked up by my brother in law, M. Cool guy, so nice to see him. Off to his house where we took his car and headed over to the hotel.
Um, hotel grounds were really nice... room... not so much. One of the big changes I've noticed since having Logan is before, I would have switched rooms or even resorts if I needed to. Now, I look at it like, eh, there's so much to move if we change rooms now, its' not like we're moving here. So there we stayed in a "renovated" room. (Translation, new carpet).
Anyway, we met up with everyone at a restaurant down the street for dinner when the sister in law S got in and the father & mother in law, D & P arrived. Good times. Babies, relatives and wine in a so-so restaurant. Who cares though, we're in 70 degrees warmer than at home, I could have been happy at McDonalds, and I DON'T like mcdonalds. Sorry gals.

Saturday: head out to find some breakfast and hopefully a starbucks. Well, couldn't find a starbucks, but managed to find a mcdonalds for H. Off to the beach. And so here we have it. The vacation has started. We spent quite a bit of time out there with the fam. Good stuff. M drove his boat over from his house and anchored out, swam in and hung out with us. Later took the gang to Shell Isle to get shells for H. She LOVED that. So there I was with 3 sister inlaws a brother in law, mother & father in law, husband, son, step daughter and my neice Sarah... Chillin at the beach. Beautiful, sunny and 77.
For dinner we went to M's house where they cooked out and we just hung out all evening with the whole family. It was nice except Logan hadn't had enough sleep during the day so he was FUSS-EEEYYYY. *insert - "He never cries and is a great sleeper" here* Showing mommy, once again, who's boss. Oy, no dinner for me, but my sister in law was nice enough to send me home with ice cream so who cares about dinner.

Sunday: Found a starbucks. THANK GAWD! Heaven in a cup, thank you very much.
I spent a lot of time in the room with the monkey so it's hard to tell what we did... how sad is that? I'm sure there was some beach time, H with her aunt Sarah, lunch on the beach and then out to dinner in Gulfport. Some Italian restaurant that pretty much ran out of everything good, like Lasagna, my fave. Whatev. Babies were good at dinner and great company so that was really wonderful. H stayed the night with her uncle and aunt... and of course her two aunts that were staying there as well. Steve and I took the monkey back to the hotel and enjoyed some peace and quiet.

Monday: Woke up, showered, Chick-fil-et'd it... Babe LOVES the chick... BIG time. He was so upset when he realized Saturday that there was one right down the street from us and he'd have to wait until Monday to indulge. The only food chain closed on Sundays... craziness I tell ya. Anyway, headed over to the inlaws and went shopping. See, the sister in law from CO lives outside of Vail and apparently there's very little shopping out there. So every time she flies out to see us, we shop. So we did. Babies in tow, good times. Starbucks. Yum. Monday night we decided to go to dinner on the beach. Well, the restaurant we thought we'd enjoy, wasn't very baby friendly so we ended up back at the restaurant we went to our first night there. Sat in a booth, H leaned back and bumped her head on the wall. Not hard at all.. her uncle poked fun at her and she PUKED on the table.Uh.. yes, puked. all over the table, herself and her dad. I gotta give her aunt props. She's afraid of poopy diapers and she managed to hold it together for that event. Wow. Sooo... I take H to the bathroom, try to get her to understand it happens to all of us in time... take her home, Babe freaks out, calls her mother and her aunt (who is a physician) and of course they say to take her to the ER in case she's got a concussion. *In steps the bitch* So, let me say this... first off you should have told us she was fucking sick you stupid bitch, BEFORE we picked her up from your house. Secondly... you might want to fucking say NO to the little girl once in her life so she gets used to it.. yeah, she'll be hurt that she can't go on vacation but when she's got the FUCKING FLU... it's probably best and safest for EVERYONE if she stays home. Now, she didn't hit her head that hard at ALL. AT ALL. But, I'm not her mother and I refuse to parent her because Babe has made it perfectly clear that this is unacceptable. So be it. So who has to go to the fucking ER? Me of course, the non-mom. I have to drive. I don't know why I have to leave my baby, follow my brother in law to the hospital (why he wasn't driving Babe and H, I have no idea) so I can sit in an ER for 3 hrs while she sleeps so they can tell us that she's fine, just sick. Great. I'm a mean bitchy evil step mother... I don't give a shit. If my kid is sick with a nasty cold the way she was, his ass will NOT be going on vacation. It's called parenting and even though it may be evil or "mean" it IS okay to make the kid stay home. I'm blown away by her actions. BLOWN AWAY. I'm done with her. Completely done. *exits the bitch* So that was my Monday night. Got back around 2, my sister in law fed Logan a bottle, which caused the girls to HURT LIKE A BIOTCH in the morning, after my 4 hrs of sleep... yeah, I'll get up with Logan, you go ahead and sleep. Bitter.

Tuesday: Pack. Watch Babe bring Logan into H's room and make her KISS HIM. *in steps the bitch* So... when I say, she can carry her own stuff, it's not like she's dying, and you say, she really IS sick, in that tone as if I'm being evil... WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT MY 4 MONTH OLD UP TO HER FUCKING SICK FACE FOR A KISS? *out steps bitch*
Ugh... need a vacation from my vacation. Check out, head to inlaws to do a swaping of cars, sit on the doc with my baby napping for a bit, head to the airport... H stuffs her face full of goldfish and fruit rollups. What was I thinking as I watched her do this? She's going to get sick from that, he shouldn't let her eat that. If I say that to him, he's going to yell at me for being mean. So I keep my mouth shut. And about 30 minutes later, she pukes. I think to myself that I Should have said something, but it's not worth it for me to have my husband look at me and talk to me as if I'm just being mean to H. What he doesn't realize is by me feeling this way and not saying anything, THATS being mean to H as she pukes on herself.

Then Southwest lost our stroller.

Icing.

Dropped H at her moms got home, washed my baby and put him to bed, washed myself and went to bed. Babe actually put all the clothes away/laundry, stuff... that was a bit surprising as usually i'm the one that does it. It was really nice to not have to bother with any of it. Last night all I could think about was sleeping in my own comfy bed. And I did.

So, things I learned on this trip:

* Monkey likes his own crib. The "baby jail" at the hotel, wouldn't work for him. Only in hour increments. He ended up in bed with me for most of the trip.
*Showering with baby? Done! He likes taking a shower with me. I thought he'd be afraid of it, but nope. Wash and hand off to Babe. Efficient and easy.
* Check health of H before going anywhere. Next time, if she's the slightest bit sick, I'm refusing to go. Not worth my health or the health of lil monkey. (Turns out she does have the flu and the doc said that after a head injury, if it's instant puking like that, chances are it's just embarrassment or shock. Nice...that's what I said it was.)
* The ex - no longer on my list of people that I can possibly respect or do any kind of favor for. The bitch must rot in hell.
* Logan loves the pool. And he loves his uncle M. He laughed SO hard when M was making faces and noises at him... I couldn't get enough!
* Food... is good. Eat it when you can because going without it sucks. Same with Starbucks.
* The sister in laws were counting down the moments until I blow up on Babe. Is it that obvious? Huh... imagine that.
* I recognize that by writing this post, ppl might read it that aren't happy with my feelings. Well what I'm not happy with is how irresponsible people can be, so much so that it ruined most of my vacation. Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.....


Lil monkey and his new hat... I told him we'd move down there so he'd never have to wear winter clothes again!And how about this cute lil face, Cousin S:



First experience in the grass at Uncle M's soccer game:


This picture cracks me up... every time I wear a shirt showing cleavage, this is what he does. No wonder the kid is a chunk!Chillin in the pool:

Lil man and his daddy...
With Uncle M on the boat. He makes Logan laugh!
H & Babe:Me with my little guy:

Guess who couldn't wait to get off the boat for a snack? Uh huh, I'm not afraid...

4 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    So, whens the vacation start? I'm sorry that sucks - what a BITCH H's mom is!!! GRRRR - I want to come kick her ass!!! I'm glad L enjoyed the grass and the pool - you don't look so bad yourself!  

  2. tt said...

    I love.love.love the pics!!!
    The lady who birthed H...must not be in her life anymore...because a REAL MOM...would not let her child travel while sick!!!!!!GAh!!!
    H's Mom.....I just don't have the words...oh, yes I do....$^*$@!^&)^$!!!. How's that?
    You look Amazing! I'm glad you got to get away for a while. And that 'bewbie=lunch'pic...priceless. Cracked me up. I love L's hat. Great look for him.

    Welcome home sweetpea!!!  

  3. KPChicago said...

    you are just fucking 100% fantastic!  

  4. Tweb said...

    Awww... thanks ladies! And yes, her mother is a piece of work...