I forgot to mention my experience with Cingular / AT&T... So I called to replace this "defective" bb. I do love the phone, it's the BB pearl 8200 I believe. Great reception, easy to use... just love it all around.
So I called Customer service yesterday. I explained what happened, explained that the last time I called, they told me to take it to a store and have it inspected to make sure we can still do the warranty exchange. I did that. They gave me the go-ahead and put a note in my account. So I called back to do the warranty exchange. On the phone for 12 minutes, explaining everything, the girl says she'll have to transfer me to the warranty department and they'll be able to send me a replacement. No prob. I talk to the warranty dept and explain the deal again. They put me on hold for 4 minutes and come back and tell me that my device is a high end BB and they have their own department for these exchanges...so they transfer me to the next dept. I'm on hold for 15 minutes. You know how you sit on hold and if you don't sent a threshold right away, you end up holding for JUST long enough to not want to hang up because all the time you sat there on hold would be a waste? And you might want to get someone on the phone to bitch about that hold time? Yeah, well that was me. Just then, I get cut off. Yep, disconnected after 17 minutes. {insert explicit language here} Cingular.
I call back later and tell them to send me to the high end BB Warranty dept. The lady on the phone has no idea what I"m talking about. I explain my story once again and she puts me on hold. She contacts another dept, comes back to me and says she wants to do a 3 way call to get me in touch instead of holding. She said they would be avail in 3 minutes and asked for an alternative number to reach me in case we get disconnected. Blah, soooo tired of being on the phone. Well, she finally got me over to someone and they took care of me and 10 minutes later, Cingular calls me back... the first disconnected guy, just to make sure I was taken care of. Nice huh?
All in all, they're sending me a new crackberry. I wont' get it until after CO but that's fine. I just want a phone that works. That's not much to ask, is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so with you !! How frustrating! They evidently don't know how preggers you are and that your hormones could attack at any second. Lucky for them it didn't happen. The horror that would have created. :)
Glad you got the new one.
I'll still miss ya!
Hurry back!