Colorado...

Alright...so Wednesday... flew out flawlessly. No one at the airport, it was a breeze. Get into Denver and I was waiting for Babe to get the rental when a lady walks up next to H and I... stands right next to me (mind you, there's NO ONE out waiting for pick ups on the walk way) and what does she do? Lights up a cig. Yes... next to the pregnant woman. 15 feet away from the nearest ashtray which is unoccupied... I looked at her and said "Seriously?" And H asked me what I meant by that and I told H, out loud, so this bitch could hear me, "Well you see, she just walked over TO us and lit up a cigarette. Cigs are bad for your health and are really bad for unborn babies. It can lead to growth issues, learning difficulties... lots of problems. Lets get our stuff and get away from this rude woman." H GLARED at this lady and asked me why she'd do that. I told her it was becasue she didn't have any manners...

Oddly enough, the woman was unphased by our comments. Go figure. Bitch.

Our trip into the mountains was nice. Really nice actually. Traffic was great, H watched a movie, and Babe and I enjoyed the view and talked the whole time. Good stuff. Checked into our room (after switching for a "better" room) . All was good and the clan had begun to arrive. Here's a self portrait of me and Babe. Man, I'm lookin pretty rough in pictures these days. Blah!!


Here's H holding her newest cousin Sarah. Awww... tiny babies are so cute!!!
Thursday was a shopping day. Prepping day. Babe rode a street bike UP Vail pass again with his sister and a bunch of other people. H met them up at the top with her Aunt. They took a van to the top (smart move) and rode bikes down. Here are my loves on their trip down:

We all met up for lunch and afterwards went back to the resort ... to chop... and prep food... and whatever... we were up late for that. I was so tired from running around. Crazinesss... grocery store after grocery store, chopping, kabobing...nutso.

Friday, Babe went rafting with the family. I hung out with H and prepped more. Tired. too much food. LAter we delivered all the food to the party at his sisters house. The party that night was a really good time, lots of food, tons of people... and I got tons of kudos for workin my tail off. Here's a picture of all the siblings. Obviously, the sister in law in question/getting married, is the one in the middle... Dad had shirts made for everyone that said, I'm Sarah's Brother/Sister" and we wrote the name and number on the back of them... very cute...
Saturday was actually sorta like a vacation day. We hung out at the pool, walked into the village for Octoberfest which was cool, H did the bungie bouncie thing, she rode up the chair lift to the top with her cousins... and then I did her hair and we ran off to the wedding. Here's H doing her signature cannon ball. She's 100% fish. Kid loves the pool, even when it's chilly out.


The wedding was beautiful! It was set up on a mountain where we had to take a shuttle bus up through some cat tracks to actually get there! Beautiful views. She was married on the deck and then dinner inside... dinner was fantastic and of course then I got to watch everyone, Babe included, get hammered and dance their butts off all night. I got to hold my niece Sarah... who is now 6 weeks old. She's SOOOO cute!!! Made me so excited for my lil man to get here! Danced a little bit with Babe and headed back to the hotel around 11 I believe. H had a blast... All in all, it was a beautiful wedding.

Sunday, they had brunch in one of the suites. That was nice. Then off for a walk, pool time and food and dinner... no rushing, no working, just hangin out at our own pace while most everyone else had to pack up and head for the airport. It was really nice to enjoy the beautiful weather and do nothing.
Ick... I look like shit these days. Not very photogenic while pregnant.

Monday, Babe went mountain bike riding. I packed. H watched TV...we headed out around 12 and stopped in Vail Village. THat's where I got my necklace. Had lunch and headed out for our THREE AND A HALF HOUR commute to Denver. Should have only taken us maybe 2 hrs. Traffic was horrendous. The worst part about it is that you stop, on the highway, and there's no where to go. You can't take an alternate route. There ARENT any. One road. So either deal with the traffic or stay home. I didn't think we'd make our flight but Babe was right on time, as usual. He's so awesome to travel with, I'm lucky.

Home at 11:00pm. Tired. Laundry. Watched the IRL race...and then to bed by 12.

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    You soooo redeemed yourself with that gigantic, awesome, picture-filled post!!!!
    I think you look really great considering you are due so soon. Seriously!! (Don't be so hard on the PG person):)
    Sounds like everything was fabulous and fun. I'm glad you and Babe and H got to get away for some good fun. Sounds like you worked your butt off but I know you had fun doing it. :)
    The nursery looks like it's ready for an occupant. I agree, you need some monkeys! Hummmmm....We'll get to work on that .  

  2. tt said...

    P.S. You've got giant baubles!! Good for you w/ the ignorant smoker lady.