my mom. She's so sweet. I still haven't told her that I don't want anyone at the house during the first week be bring the baby home. I'm hoping I'm making a bigger deal of this than she will.
Anyway, I have a coworker...she works in FL and really ... I think she thinks of herself as a mother to me. She's my bitch buddy, but not someone that I would consider motherly. She has no kids of her own. I think she's close to my mom's age. Not sure. Anyway, she just gave me her email address, personal email address for when the baby's born. Uh...why would I need that? I can email you at work. She replied with, I want to know the very minute that little boy is brought into this world! Will Babe send out an email or will he call? She asked if I had her cell number too.. What? Are you serious? He'll be by my side! He probably won't call anyone until I'm out of L&D and maybe even recovery.
Why is it that everyone seems to think they are going to be the first thing on my mind or Babe's mind after the baby's born? Like I'm really going to jump out of the hospital and immediately try to contact everyone. I'm going to be in awe. I'm going to stare at him. Probably kiss his head until he can't stand it anymore. Maybe I'll let Babe hold him. :) MAYBE H can hold him. We'll see... I just can't imagine thinking about anyone but him. I thought that was normal. Why is that so hard for people to understand. Now, dont' get me wrong...there are SOME people that MUST KNOW IMMEDIATELY... which is fine. I have a short list. A short locked list of ppl that will be made aware shortly after everything happens.
I guess that just makes me wonder... what makes you think you're that high on my "list"? And not to be mean or sound bitchy or anything, I'm just curious. Is it because we talk a couple times a week? Is it because we had a bonding moment one day long long ago? Is it because you feel your life is like mine because we work at the same company? Maybe your view of our relationship is bigger than mine. It's interesting. Makes me take a step back and think... have I ever done that to someone? Have I ever expected to be that person on "the list" when a friend delivered? Did I put myself up higher in the ranks of your friends than I had earned? I'd like to think not. In fact, not that its a good thing at all, but I think I do the exact opposite.
Fuck, my back hurts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uh-oh! Guilty as charged. But I think I did that because the girl kept calling ME with details of everything.....I think she wanted to feel more special...and wanted everyone to fawn over her...I basically obliged. Ok, so no I didn't afterall...it was her doing..
LOL...I know what you're talking about tho. You and Babe need time for the 3 of you first! Then...let the ppl come over and call and such. Take care of you two first! Mom will understand I think. I would. :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bunch of understanding!!!