Maternity leave

So, just because I'm not going to be working anymore after my leave (for 8 - 12 weeks), doesn't mean I can't play at home too!!! Yes, I have a puter there and can post from home! Imagine that! AND I can post pictures instantly! Super fab cool...

Had a Dr's appt this morning. Here are my current stats:

Bloodpressure: Great 112/66
Baby's heartbeat:132 - perfect
Belly is measuring at exactly 34 weeks
Weight: 154! I gained just under 2lbs.

She couldn't tell me where he was... but next week, they're just going to go ahead and take a peek. Yay.

I need to talk to someone here about my leave. We've established that I don't need a temp while I'm out but I will need to find someone to do a few "chores" while I'm gone. That should be fun. Expenses and maintaining our system with deals. Two pain in the butt chores.

Saw my favorite barista today, Alex. He was sitting outside jammin away to his Ipod. Of course I had to interrupt and ask what he was listening to and he tells me White Stripes. Ugh, I hate them. I told him I hated them and he couldn't believe it... but I think he still likes me. He's such a cutie. Troubled musician. For some reason, those types are like lil puppy dogs to me. Always have been. Find em, wanna keep em and grow em up and then let them go. Only problem is that in the past, they've never wanted to let go. That's the tough part. Time to move on.

Lucky for me, there isn't anything in the world that I wouldn't do for my husband. That's how much I love him. :)

Yesterday we left early. Half day. Went to a place called Pin Stripes. It's a bowling/bocce ball / restaurant place. Good times. I asked my boss if his food tasted better if he could hear it. (he smacks his food, mouth open, talks with stuff jammed in there... pretty gross). He got the point and shut his mouth, head down, as if his mom were telling him to have manners. Someone's gotta point out the obvious. No? So that was fun, bocce ball and a long afternoon of everyon drinking around me. Nice to not be in the office.

Then I get home and what gets delivered? My glider/rocking chair!!! Woohooo!!! I am SOOO excited about that! And THEN my neighb0rs from across the street came over. A really nice couple that's about our age. She bought the baby a onsie.. sooo cute, lil halloween onsie... She said he HAS to get here on time now! And then she informed me that the ladies in the neighborhood want to throw me a baby shower. {pick jaw up off the floor} Huh? Really? I don't get it. I guess they were talking about getting to know me a little better and how fun it would be to throw a shower since I'm the only pregger in the hood...I think it's probably a good excuse for them all to get together and drink. I'm okay with that. Terribly terribly sweet of them. Still kinda without words...

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Awww, see....your charm must have warmed their colective hearts. I'm glad SOMEONE is giving you a shower. (You know I love those things.)I'm thinking you may too afterwards.....maybe :)
    Stats look great...but gained just over 2lbs? Just 2? That you or the wee one? :)
    Soooooo glad you'll post from home! Thanks babe!  

  2. Tweb said...

    That's the wee one. Lil monkey has all that weight. My clothes still fit the same, except they're fallin apart because I really didn't buy that much as far as maternity goes. And my belly's gotten larger. Need more material to cover this bump!