Shhh... he's napping so I'll do my best to update turkeyday.
Sister and brother in law came into town with their itty bitty on Tuesday. It was nice to see them all. She had a lot of great advice on how to make it through the hard times of new born worlds... Good stuff.
Turkey day used to be alllll about the stuffing. My mom's stuffing is the best on earth. Period. I love it. Always have. It was always the one thing that I looked forward to. That and football. Well... Babe, bless his heart, wants to find the perfect stuffing. He's tried a bunch of different recipe's and is still in search of the perfect stuffing. In my opinion, my mom's is the perfect stuffing. Why try to fix something thats not broken, right? But then again, he didn't grow up with my mom's stuffing so to him, it's not good, I'm sure. I don't think he would ever say it to me though... That's okay, he's a sweetie and I'm lucky to have the beautiful man.
Anyway... enough about stuffing. SIL (sister in law) made this citrus stuff to put in the turkey. (In my world there's only one thing that goes in the turkey. Yep. Stuffing.) Anyway, the turkey was pretty good. Different, but okay. We forgot to make the gravy so that didn't work out. A little dry. Stuffing was good, but plain. I think we're re-doing the stuffing on Sunday for a makeup Turkey day. This time with ham. Anyway, she made green bean caserole...ish. This stuff was sorta like caserole. Fresh green beans, mushrooms, shallots and heavy whiping cream... some red wine.. some reduction sauce.. I don't know what it was really outside of average. Mashed potatos had too much garlic... Wine was delish.
So, we ate. We forgot to take pictures. I had Logan sleeping in my lap the whole time. I cleaned up afterwards even though my BIL tried to get me to sit down. I don't just sit down. I can't. Yes I'm tired and sure I could use a nap but I don't nap. In fact, I would end up sitting down, unable to fall asleep even tough I am exhausted and then an hour later I'd be pissed beyond belief that I sat there for an hour wasting all that time when I could be doing things like cleaning or the chores that i need to catch up on. it's just the way I work. He didn't understand that and literally tried pushing me out of the kitchen. Not gonna happen. So I cleaned. Babe fell asleep on the couch with Logan laying on his chest. Beautiful sight.
That was it pretty much. Oh... but one thing.. one big highlight... pie. It wasn't pumpkin pie like I had hoped but it was home made apple pie.. from scratch. She did an amazing job on that. In fact, there's still some left which I'm not afraid to eat, even though it is 4 days old. Crazy, I know...
Turkey day has lost it's "zing" for me. Is it odd that I believe it's all about the stuffing? Maybe I'll suggest next year, that we do two stuffings. it might be crazy but at least I'll get my zing back, no?
There's alwaysb Christmas. I think the holidays are going to be totally different.. more fun, I'd say... because of Logan. I can't wait. I'm going to put him in some ridiculously cute outfit and take a bazillion pictures.
Nuff for now. Gotta take the midget to his one month appt!!! I'll report the stats back when we return!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely do 'your' stuffing! Thanksgiving isn't the same w/o our favorites. That's why I make so many pies....gotta please the masses ya know.