So apparently Logan has as little faith in the medical industry as I do. He's on my side. We had a rough night... well, he slept, but I think he threw up all the food he ate during the night. Which left for dry diapers. Not good. So off to the doc, per their request, this morning.
First off, let me just start by saying that I'll never take him to the "sick call" walk in service ever again. I had to sit in a room full of sick kids. So, if he wasn't sick then, he certainly is now. Damn.
Then the gal finally calls us to the room, 35 minutes later, and procedes to do the same checking they did yesterday. Amazing how my kid can gain .5oz in one day. Can someone say "I just ate"? Anyway, she went to take his temp and before I could warn her about his sprinkler services... he got her. Pissed all over her, the table AND her computer! Yep, take that. That's about as much faith we have in your job missy.
After the doc saw him, told me the same crap as before, then scared me with some medical term where there would be a small muscle in his stomach that opens and lets food into his intestines being too thick.. which would require surgery.. he had me off to the hospital to have an ultrasound on my little guy.
Fine.
Off I go. Registration, here I am. Uh.. hello? did you hear me? I said, here I am. I've been here for 30 minutes...what the fuck is going on? What's that? Ohhhhh, I see. You forgot about us. Nice. Turn the page and don't look back right? Bitch.
Off to ultrasound. Little man slept through the whole thing. Most likely because I whipped out the boob in the waiting room. Stomach appears normal and the doc tells me what he's told me every other time I came in. Feed him less, more often. NO SHIT? And that'll solve all our puking problems huh?
Fucking fantastic waste of 3 and 1/2 hrs this morning.. So, Mom's working on a new strategy. I don't know what it is yet, but I'll figure something else out. And it won't include the flippin doctors anymore!!!!
Great start to the weekend, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a friend who's baby did that too. Weird. She finally outgrew it after about 2 months. Her Dr. said as long as she was gaining weight not to get too worried about it. Easier said than done tho Doc!!Poor L!!! And poor you!! It's awful to feel so helpless I know. Hang in there babe. And...remember to ALWAYS trust your gut feelings.
You're such a good Mom...don't forget that!
its just so hard! Sometimes I feel like a single mom. babe is good with him if i ask him to take him. seems he's that type that is afraid of babies and doesnt know what to do with him. he'll hane to learn soon I'm going to start pumping!!!
Lots of Moms feel like single Moms...I did too at times. It is what it is...as 'some' ppl say. ;)
It does get better tho....Men, even though they luv their wee one's just aren't the nurturers that we are...sometimes their 'instincts' just take a loooooong time to kick in. :(
This too shall pass...........
xoxoxo