Today is going to be a long day... Logan goes in for his 2 month checkup this morning... I'm dreading it because he's going to get FOUR shots!!! Yeah... I don't know how I'll handle that. Most likely I'll have Babe hold on to him while I hide out of sight. I can't stand to see him cry in pain like that... Ugh, dreading it...
Then we go to lunch with Babe.. good times. It's my birthday today. Yeah, I'm a womping 32 years old!! Crazy, right? Eh, doesn't matter much to me. I don't feel any different outside of feeling like a mom now. That's good enough for me. Babe got me an ornament for Christmas. It's a ceramin MOM with hand writing below saying "Thanks for having me. Love Logan" REALLY sweet of him to get that. It's my first "mom" thing. :)
So, this afternoon, Logan and I have to stay away from the house because our crazy cleaning lady is coming. She's Polish...and doesn't speak English.. or understand it I don't think.. She knows we don't speak Polish, but yet she still tries to talk to me. Oh, and she grabs at Logan. I hate that. She reaches out for him when he's just about to fall asleep, pisses me off, wakes him up. So, this afternoon, we avoid the house. Hmmm...what to do? Shop I guess. Oh darn.
I'm starting to panic about daycare. We don't have anyone lined up yet and I have to go back to work in 3 weeks. I'm wondering if Babe thinks that I can just take more time off... I don't want to.. but then again, it's already breaking my heart thinking about leaving Logan with anyone. I think I've been away from him for 2.5 hours at the most since he was born. I know, it's gotta be done... but it's hard. I love that little monkey!
More things occurred to me over the past couple days... but still, I cant for the life of me remember what they were. Man what a waste... to figure out things and then just forget them. Waste of brain power.
And it's obvious that Logan is going to be a thumb sucker. He just can't figure out how to use his hands and arms yet to get that thing in there. So instead, he scratches the shit out of his face. This morning he woke himself by scratching and drawing blood on his nose... of course accompanied by one of those terrible "what's this pain stuff I'm feeling" scream. I hate that. Poor kid. Clipped his nails again and just try to do exersises that might help him figure out that arm control deal.
We're going out for dinner tonight. A real grown up dinner with delish red wine and real food and other adults... Should be fun. And yet, I know I'm going to be thinking of the little man the whole time. he's going to be in good hands though. My friend K is staying the night and she'll take care of him. She is going to watch him while we're in Mexico in April. Again, leaving him for 5+ days is going to just kill me... anyway, tonight is going to be the start of practicing that whole separation of baby and mommy...
And in lighter news, it appears my dots are back... see? Good stuff....
Better go fold some laundry and find a super cute outfit for Logan to wear today. He's so darn fun to dress.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's your birthday and I didn't even know?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! you are OLD woman! :) Kidding! Wow, so you are going out to dinner to celebrate huh? You can do it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Yes, have a really, really great celebration!!
Only 32?!! Such a young thing you are!
Go get em chica.....you and that 'still' stripper bod of yours!!
What was funny is all the "Dayum girl, you don't look like you had a baby" comments I got. And the "you look absolutely beautiful" and "Hot dayum sista!"... yeah, that was nice. :)
I'm a young old woman.
Happy belated Bday!