Too Elfing cold.

Get it? Elfing. Ha. I know, funny girl. But in all seriousness, it is stinkin cold out there. 13 degrees and windy as all getup. So Logan and I headed out to pick up a gift card for the neighbors and the store was closed... and the wind was so damn cold that I decided it probably isn't a good idea to have the lil man out in this crap regardless of him being completely covered. It's just too stinkin cold. And of course, because it's so damn cold and windy out, he had to reach his hand out from under the blanket into the cold. Eeek! Put that away lil man!

So I call our neighbors because we're doing Christmas Eve with them this year and guess what... she's got a massive cold. And her Daughter is just getting over it. Ugh.. she still thinks we should get together but maybe it would be best to do it at our house. You know, less jerms I guess. Well I told Babe about that and he instantly offered up to be the bad guy and cancel. So he did. I'm so happy he did. I don't exactly have the best immune system and it's obvious Logan has inherited that from me as he was sick at 2 weeks old... And Babe knows how hard that was for me, which made it hard for him, and he doesn't want to do that again. Smart man. I feel bad because I was really looking forward to getting together with them. Last year Babe and I were wihtout Heather so we went out to dinner and the wife was home alone so we invited her out with us. Well, 3 bottles of wine and some champagne later, there I was in my basement donning the sombrero, singing karaoke Carry Underwood with J (Our neighbor lady). Good times.. We always have a great time with them. It's a shame we won't be doing anything like that this year.

But I don't want to deal with that cold runnin through me and my little man. So as for now, it's yay for Babe. Way to step up to the plate.

Still I can't wait for this crap to be over. The holidays that is. I'm about to go on a rant about my step daughter that's probably not healthy to blabber to Babe. he's too sensitive when it comes to her, which I guess I would be too. But... christmas... isn't what it used to be when I was a kid. I know, I know, times change. But this is too drastic for me. H has everything. I mean everything. And because he wants to be the "super daddy" Babe contributes to her "what did I get for Christmas" attitude. Because it's not about anything but her getting everything she asked for, even if it will sit in the basement, by it's lonesome, for one week shy of Christmas next year. because most of her toys do that.. they go into her play room to die, unless her friends come over and show some interest in them. And what happens when she doesn't get what she wants? Her grandma has offered to take her out and buy her whatever she doesn't get from Santa. Merry fucking Christmas to you too.

And yes, things will be different with Logan. VERY. Don't get me wrong, he'll be spoiled, but he will appreciate what he gets or he won't be getting it! I bought Babe a present from Logan and she asked "He's got his own bank account to buy you things?" Uh... no... but you do and you don't use it to pay for gifts to other so shut your trap. Seriously, where does this kid come up with these questions?

So christmas eve will be all about her tearing through all the gifts Santa left her and probably 50% of them will go unplayed with... which is sad because most of them are pretty thoughtful gifts. Too bad they'll go unappreciated. Na, that's not true, the neighbor kids will appreciate them, which will make her act like she appreciates them too. I guess that'll have to be good enough for me.

Things I need to get to before Logan moves out:

  • I have 2 very cool picture frame arrangement type things that need pictures and need to be hung... but I can't seem to find the time to pick out the pictures and have them printed.
  • Wedding scrap book... yeah right.
  • Baby Scrap book... again...
  • Hang the "Sweet dreams sweet prince" picture in his room.
  • Learn how to take good pictures like ETK... I'm so jealous of her pictures. I wish I knew the settings she used to take pictures of her cats.. I bet that would work marvelously for Logan.
  • Oh, learn how to use the photo software that Babe bought me last year. He bought it and then I upgraded cameras. And then we upgraded our puter. Gotta stop and work through that stuff...

I wish I could explain how much I love my mornings with the lil monkey. He's such a happy baby in the am!! I mean, he's pretty happy all the time, but the mornings, he's just a bucket of smiles! Until I pull out the camera of course. Some day... I'll show you all!

And yesterday was an interesting day. We ran out of his size diapers apparently, which turned out to be a pretty bad deal for the outfit he was wearing. Do you know what happpens when they poop in a diaper thats too big for them? It travels up their back and yes, out of the diaper. A bath is inevitable... Good times...

I found myself looking forward to this weekend, thinking I'd have help with lil man, but thats really not the case. Still working on that time management tt. It's hard. Why do I feel like he's only my kid and its like I'm asking for a favor when i need to hand him off?

I had brie last night and it was really good. That said, I think I've lost my love for cheese. I can't believe i just said that... Thats crazy.

4 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Again,,,,you cracked me up! I'd love to see you doing Kareoke!!! I've got a machine...come on over....what fun!
    Your to-do list before 'L' moves out looks manageable..LOL...
    'H'....Maybe w/ time she'll come around. Maybe YOU will be the one to teach her the important things..maybe she'll want to be like 'L' and will follow suit??
    Let us pray......  

  2. Tweb said...

    It's doubtful. Any "progress" I make with her goes to hell after she spends time with her mother. So I stopped trying. Sad, but I've given up on the kid.

    Hell, she can't even manage to NOT pee on the toilet. She's had to clean the toilets twice now because she pees on them and doesn't flush. Manners, what are those again? And to think, Babe decided to let her stay up until 10 one night on the weekend... uh, why? She can't seem to act old/responsible enough to keep a clean potty OR come home when she's supposed to... explain to me your reasoning? Oh yeah.. you want to be the cool dad.  

  3. Tweb said...

    I guess I could say things will be so different/better with our child, but that makes me feel bad for H. It's not her fault she is careless, selfish and spoiled. Really, it's not.  

  4. tt said...

    Trust me here...
    She will notice how L acts and she will notice differences...don't give up yet. Maybe you could take a less active role ( which I think you already have..good thinking ) and in a few years when she begins to notice...you could offer to teach her some things. I did that w/ Lovee's boys some. Soetimes it worked and sometimes not.
    Like you said, it's not her fault she got stuck w/ a crappy mom...you can show her alot...you'll just need to be well rested first.
    :)