Randoms


  1. Grocery adventures - It’s one thing that you go into the express checkout – 15 items or less – with 27 items… yeah, you just look like a complete ass and piss everyone off around you. But when you go into the self checkout lane… you’ve rung all of your crap up and when it comes time to pay… you pay with a CHECK!?!?! What in the hell are you thinking? You now have to summons a worker bee over to your register, which means technically, you are now, no longer checking yourself out… someone else is doing it for you because you are writing a check. A check. I leave my checkbook at home on the shelf next to my Beta tapes buddy. You should too.
  2. Music - good stuff right? Don’t get me wrong, I love all sorts of music. I do. And I think it’s great that music is unlike religion in that most people won’t try to shove theirs down your throat and they don’t look at you differently just because you like Beethoven. That said, I’m walking out of my office build as usual, 5pm, and there’s a gaggle of suits in front of me. Most likely coming down from work at Northwestern Mutual. That’s where they herd all the suits for the day. So, I’m following these 4 young, good looking blond white boys out of the building. All of them have very nice suits on and probably live in some downtown apartments done up all contemporary (as they referred to our office as “out here”).. very nice look for these guys. Then it happened. A cell phone began to ring. What’s wrong with this, you ask? Nothing. I was just taken back by the ring tone. Ghetto-jamz. Hard core rap ring tone. I had never heard the song before and it was very explicit. What a beautiful world we live in. Never would I have expected that from this white bred boy.
  3. PG randoms – "When’s the due date?!?!?" – starbucks manager. He looked more excited than I am. Very cute though. Again, threw me off because most guys refrain from asking these questions for fear of asking someone who ISN’T expecting. Rational fear, I’d say. “Wow! You’re looking very pregnant today!” – coworker. Funny thing is, that’s what I thought this morning when getting dressed.
  4. Dummass hall of fame. I see so many ridiculous things out here by my office that I think I’ll start taking pictures and blogging about them. Some are just too good to pass up. This next gal… well she’s a bright one. Driving her VW, sunroof open and what appears to be an office tree sitting in the front seat, protruding from the sunroof. Now, okay fine, this may be an acceptable way to get home with a stolen tree (the office building has a service that rents the plants out), but when you decide to get on the HIGHWAY like this… you really think this poor palm will be alive by the time you get it home? Either way, she gets my vote for dummass of the day. And yes, I used to have this automobile...there's PLENTY of room to lay the plant down through the trunk, into the back seat. No harm, no foul.
  5. I made chicken enchiladas last night for dinner. The night before, I went to the grocery store (where I had experienced the check fool) without a list. I never go without a list but it was on a whim, on the way home from work. Then, while making dinner, I realized, I bought a green bell pepper and even chopped it up as if I was going to use it. Now, I never use those things in my enchiladas. I have no idea why I bought it, let alone, actually cut it up and almost cooked the dang thing. Welcome to my PG brain.
  6. This weekend is Pride Weekend here in Chicago. I LOVE the atmosphere here during this time. People are so fun and happy and excited. What does this Pride weekend entail? Well there’s the Pride run tomorrow (yeah, as if my lazy pregnant ass would get up for that) and then on Sunday is the best part, the Gay Pride Parade. I love it! A couple years ago, I had one of my very best guy friends in the world up visiting from Chattanooga. He’s hot. Tall, dark, handsome and SHY… Well, he’s been one of my best friends for years now and his buddy LOVES the Cubs so they came up one year for a game and to hang out for the weekend. Well… it was Pride weekend.. and yes, being the evil friend that I am, after the Cub’s game, we walked down to the beach….right THROUGH the pride parade. I made him take his shirt off and boy was that fun!!! He was freaked out…and his buddy, the cocky cute guy, didn’t know what to do with all the “gays” around him. He’s from the south…they don’t exactly “accept” that kind of “behavior” down there. J Good times. My best friend isn’t like that… he took his shirt off and strutted his stuff. Good fun. I love Pride weekend!
  7. I have this friend. She likes to go by my name…er, maybe I’m going by hers. Nickname that is… she’s so cool. Sent me the coolest charm necklace/decoration thing. Itty bitty footprints on one side, It’s a Boy! On the other side… and then in addition, this cute charm along with it with our last name initial. It’s perfectly antiquey and I know some people, friends of mine, that will fall in love with them when they see them. Just like me! Mwaahh!! Thanks TT!! You ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    1.Ditto
    2.That's why ppl are forever surprising me..I can never tell what someone may do ..because of the surprise factor..
    3.And our pictures are where?
    4. Ditto for real ( how'd you do that circle thingie?) Groovey!
    5.I think I need that redipe please
    6.sunshine goes to our parades...says they're alot of fun...especially the guys!
    7.Did I loose my stalker status?:)  

  2. Tweb said...

    No stalker status lost my deary! all is good!