So I was thinking last night, I love my mom to pieces. I miss her so much I can barely stand it. That said, she made sure to tell me I had to call her when I went into labor so she could head on up here (she's about a 10 hr drive away, and yes, she'd rather drive than fly). I don't mind having her up here... but I think for the first week, I'll want to spend that with just Babe and the baby. I would love for her to be here when he's born, but I'm going to need my space and I know she'll be alllll up in my face when she gets here. She's sweet, but she gets bored easy and she is more of a shadow to me than the cats or H or Babe. I swear, she's under my feet everywhere I go! So now, I'm faced with the task of breaking the news to her, I want you to come up a week after he's born, without hurting her feelings. I love her, and I'd love for her to stay for a while and hang out... but... not until we get that quality time together!!!

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I completely get what you mean. I felt the same way. I told my Mom that since Lovee had been down this road before I didn't think we'd have any issues we couldn't handle and that I'd love to see her when he/she was about a month old and we ALL felt better( read: normal)
    It worked....I'll keep 'em crossed for you! :)