I just don't believe that the light crispy chocolaty goodness that is an oreo cookie could be bad for you. not a chance.
Another "issue" here at work. Wish I was in that boys club because I think again, same guy as usual, has succeeded in making me look bad. And there's not a doggone thing I can do about it. Isn't that fun?
It's only 3 and I'm already thinking about dinner, but can't for the life of me figure out what in the heck I want. Why? Is it good to torture yourself like this? Must be because I don't have anything to do here at work. Filed my nails, painted them, surfed the net, went downstairs to get those delish oreo's, I'm bored! I guess I could go figure out what I am going to get my husband for his birthday. Hmmm... Tough one. I feel like I'm slipping in my old age. Ha ha ha... old age, getit? HE HE HE ... Alright... I know I know.
Hypothetical: Say you and your significant other were arguing. It was a nasty fight. Which statement would be worse to hear out of your hubby's mouth:
1. I can't believe you're acting like such a cunt.
2. You are so pathetic.
**Disclaimer - NO this did not happen between me and Babe. It was one of my discussions at lunch today.
First of all, let me just say that I can't believe I typed that word. Seriously it weirds me out that I typed it and yes, I'm going to leave it. I don't think it's weird to me because of the actual word, but rather because so many people think it's a word that is "the worst of words to use", which I believe is dwindling. I don't think it's that bad of a word. In fact, it doesn't bother me at all to hear it. Odd, I know.
Anyway, I believe that if Babe EVER said anything to me of this sort, say we were in a terrible fight, I would rather have him call me the C word, for two reasons. One because I'd look at him, and surely we'd both start laughing to the point of tears. There's no way we'd be able to take each other serious if that word was involved. It would just be that funny. And two because for him to say that I'm pathetic, would be him attacking me as a person, belittling me, looking down at me... and I just don't think I could get over that. I don't think I could find humor in it either. Pathetic would be my best friend being disappointed in me and I don't think I could handle that.
3 of the 4 guys I was talking to about this agreed with me. The other, was the guy who raised the question. He thinks the C word is that offensive, dirty, lowest of all lows. While I agree it's a terrible word, I just know that it would be something Babe and I would laugh about even if we were in a deep argument. Pathetic... taking that back... making it humorous...not so much.
Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The "C" word is becoming another way to call someone a bitch I think. It's more of an 'attitude' referral I think.
I totally agree about the 'pathetic' word though. That's like having someone you love and respect saying they're 'disappointed' in you. That cuts to the bone. Hurtful word there.
I knew you'd get it. :)