I hate having to come up with Titles, but at the same time, I hate not having titles for each of my randoms.
I think my company is falling apart. I work in an office that...well they call us the "silo" because we work separately from everyone else. The rules don't apply to us, the structure, the platform...none of it matters to us. We do our job, shift responsibilities, do what "feels" best for our team and we're damn big producers out here. Now granted, I like to bitch about having to try to keep up with the boys club, but at the end of the day, I know these guys love me like family and we take care of each other. Still I'm bored...but that's not the point. The company seems to think that I should be included on another "initiative" that they've set into motion. Anyone in my position, would normally fit in to this "initiative" well and have quite a bit to contribute. For me though, it's a bit different. It's not just coffee or tea. It's a 2% mocha extra hot with whip cream, double cupped. So for the next gal who does closings, she may have 10 deals working and on all of the, she's got 100% responsibility to produce the docs needed to close the deal. Not so much with me. I may have 40% of those and then I'm responsible for 30% pushing someone else to produce those docs. They don't get that though. End result is the same, but I can't play the game they are playing because they're playing Monopoly and I'm playing Life. Pieces don't match. Eh... whatev.
2 ppl resigned from our accounting department. Holy crap. Anyone to fill those positions? Nope. Then a crucial addition to our closing department... resigned. She is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I can't believe they're letting her go. They don't ever try to get ppl to stay here. I don't get it. If you've got a stellar employee, why not try your damnedest to make them happy? Are they replacing her? Nope. Great.... Way to go guys. Lets see how many others we can push out the door and NOT replace. Oh, and the corporate admin quit. Great.
work.. it's hard to be motivated to come in on time when this crap is happening. They're having a "best practices" meeting downtown for the closers and the analysts next week. Well, I'm not going. They want me to go and say that it's "mandatory" for the closers. Let me tell ya something sweetie... I'm not really a closer. Not in your book at least. BS. I may end up having to drive down. Not happy about that. I'm friggin 6 months pg, the last thing I want to do is sit in a poorly lit conf room listening to someone talk for 5 friggin hours, only to have to head back home in fucking rush hour traffic. I'm guessing thats going to be a 12 hour day for me. Or so my time card will reflect.
Soooo... last night Babe and I went to the baby depot and pretty much picked out the entire baby's room. Yayy!! They had the crib but not the chest that we wanted so we had to order it. But, we did buy the bedding!!! Yippee!!! I can't wait to put it up. And to my surprise, it's froggies and turtles. Bugs. Cute blue and green and yellow... And Babe pretty much picked it all out. He's so cute. Here's a picture of it:
Soo... we aren't doing a border.. because I don't like borders. But we do have the entire crib bedding, the laundry bin, the diaper holder, the wall hangings, the valance, the lamp, light switch plate and these wall hanger things. So cute!!!
I don't have pictures of the crib and dresser. I'm so excited to have picked this stuff out already! Yippee!!!
And now, I can't wait for the weekend to get here because I'm so bored here at work!! NOOOOOO motivation. None. Well, I guess I'd need work to have motivation but the guys don't really have anything going on so there's nothing to give me to do. Makes sense, no?
Ugh... loud chewer guy just walked in. Time to turn up the radio...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH MY GODDDDDDD! I swear that looks like so much fun (picking out the baby stuff!) I can't wait to buy you clothes. :) Can I do that yet, or do I have to wait for him to be born?? I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE the frogs!!!
rrrrrrribit!! :)
Ya'll are so cute! I guess I probably don't have to say that you don't HAVE to buy the baby anything... but I will also say that tt already sent a cute lil necklace thingy that I plan to hang from the wall. :) I can't WAIT to get the bedroom set in there. I can't find a picture of the actual set online. :( We have the crib on hold until the dresser comes in... CANT WAIT!
I can't wait to see pictures!!!! :) ARe you really going out on maternity leave that soon??? How can you get any work done? Is this more or less fun than planning for your wedding? :)
I gotta get him some frogs!!