Wow #1. Holy Thunder Storms! Last night was a truly impressive round of thunder storms. Woke me up at 3 and of course, I couldn't let Babe sleep through it so I woke him up. Not that he woudln't have woken up anyway with the crazy thunder going on. Downpour, lightening, thunder... seriously, a river of a street. We live a couple blocks from a river and there's huge potential for flooding in our area. Not so much at our house because we're sorta on a hill, but that means, all the water that falls, rushes past our house. And it did, at 3am. Too bad today was garbage day because the schmo down the street had TONS of crap piled up outside by his garbage can (which I believe is against the laws in my town, garbage must be IN the garbage can)... uh, well now this jackasses garbage is ALL over our neighborhood. I certainly hope he walks around and cleans that shit up today. That's disgusting.
But I digress... thunderstorms amaze me. I loved waking up at 3am, laying in bed with Babe, watching the streaking lightening, wondering where my poor baby kitties were hiding... I love storms.
Wow #2. When it rains, it pours. And when there's anything outside of the normal weather conditions, jackasses forget how to drive and traffic usually takes me twice as long as usual. Not today. Zoom Zoom. Record timing I do believe. Lovely! I love Tuesdays!
Wow #3. Starbucks (Surprised, aren't you?) Got there this morning and it was quite busy. Walking in, a police officer held the door for me. Nice looking young cop, friendly face. I thanked him and he smiled at me, You're welcome. Not often that someone returns the salutation. Anyway, Crazy old guy was there, tells me I'm beautiful as he does every time I see him. That's always nice to hear. Get my coffee, walk out to my car and the cop is sitting there in his car. I walk by and smile, he roles his window down and says, Have I installed a carseat for you or something? I said no, but you may have to soon! (pointing to belly) He says I look awfully familiar and asked if I lived in the area. I told him where I worked and where I lived. He says, Maybe that's where I know you from, I live there too! Nice guy. Gave me his card and said that they usually only install seats for residents but if I would like, to come in and he'll do it for me anyway. Nice guy. Gave me his card and off I went. Not often that you meet friendly cops these days. They're usually pretty hard asses.
Wow #4. Not really a Wow, but I like labeling today. Big boss is hangin out in the office this morning. I'm the only one here so far. Nice how that worked out. Love being here looking well settled into my desk when they get here early in the morning. And to think, I was going to come in late today. Good thing I thought better of that idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)