Yeah, could I be more excited about it being Friday? Why? No reason at all other than not having to be at work. Seriously.
So I was looking for pictures of the baby furniture and I can't find it. :( Babe told the guy to hold it and call me when the dresser comes in while I was in the bathroom so I Have no idea WHAT he's holding. This picture here is pretty close to the crib and dresser. Well, actually it's not the dresser, it's the hutch...without the shelves. I like the two level dresser thingy. Cute no?
It's pretty close to this, I THINK. I cant' remember, I'm so excited that I can barely stand it, but I Do know the dresser is just like that, without the shelving unit on top. WE didn't get the chest of drawers. Don't think there's room for it and besides, there's a big closet in the baby's room anyway so we don't really need it. And I need room for a chair for me! So, this is it, but it has a lighter wood finish. I think I'm just crazy enough to drive by the store and take pictures of what we DID order... cuz I'm that excited. :) Who could blame me?
Today we have a lunch meeting with a guy... from our company...and really, I have absolutely no idea who the hell he is and what he does here. I DO know he's been in a really heated discussion with one of my coworkers, one where he turned into quite the prick. So, that said, this should be a fun lunch. Or not. It's going to be a long day because of him.
So today is Taylors last day at Starbucks. He's a really sweet barista boy, but I'm not really sad to see him go. I feel bad saying that, but he tries to be sweet and totally remembers my drink and is always nice and smiley... He's leaving to persue "real" opportunities. I don't blame him, he's young and has so much to look forward to in this journey we call life. I wish I would have had something wise to say to him this morning, but instead I just wished him luck on his new adventures. He wished me the same luck... with my lil boy. Nice kid. Now bring my Alex back!!!! Isn't it sad that I keep tabs on my baristas?
What else is sad is the clients house we drove by yesterday while dilly dallying before coming back to work from lunch. It's a terribly sad 26,000 square feet, 32 MILLION dollar pad... The thing is massive. And I mean, MASSIVE. It's not complete yet. As we drove down the tiny road, winding around these beautiful homes, his popped out like a sore thumb, surrounded by 20 some odd painters vehicles that lined the narrow street. I'm sure that made his neighbors VERY happy. The craziest part? It's just him and his wife. Twenty six thousand square feet for TWO people. I'd like to believe that if I had $32million dollars to throw into a house... I wouldn't waste it on 26, 000 square feet... Maybe 5 or 6,000 sq ft... and then the rest... would build my mom a new house...no, scratch that. Id' buy her an old victorian home wherever she wanted and give her an unlimited bank account to fix it up however she wanted... she would be as happy as a pig in mud. Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the furniture. Isn't it fun to pick that stuff out!! We were so poor when Babyboy was born, that he slept in a dresser drawer(placed on a chair up against the bed) for the first week. Then we bought a new but cheap crib that we paid $ 5.00 a month for!! If I remember right it took us a year to pay for it. So I get excited hearing you talk about buying new furniture for wee one! Cool!
You're Mom's lucky to have you!
Ha, that's my life growing up. We were so dirt poor when I was younger..I didn't know there was other "pasta" than Ramen Noodles. :)