Not sure if I mentioned this, but I took my rings off to paint the lil banbino's room this past weekend. And of course, because my engagement ring is a smaller size band than my wedding ring, it COULD fit back on my hand, but I chose to retire it for the next 11 weeks because it was pretty snug, which REALLY makes me sad. :( I miss it already and it's only been 2 days. Never in a million years thought I'd ever be so attached to something so materialistic like a ring. But it's so antique-y that it's just the most beautiful ring I've ever seen... :(
*le sigh*
Sooooo... last night, Babe played soccer and I.... made blueberry muffins. Yeah, what the hell was I thinking? Nesting? Is that what I"m doing? Or was it because they just sounded soooo yummy! I never bake. Mostly because I'm the only one in the house that will eat whatever is baked... I have the sweet tooth, they don't. H won't eat anything out of her regular menu, and babe just isn't that big on sweets. But I did it anyway. Yum-meeee....
Oh, and my friggin hips and feet hurt so damn bad this morning I can barely stand it. I think I need more pillows.
Could I bitch a little more? God. I'm sure.
I have NO desire to be at work today. I think I might be turning into ETK's polar opposite. I don't want to work. Well, not entirely true. If I were busy closing deals, I would be fine. But I'm not. Instead, I'm doing the "busy work" that is no fun. But work can't always be fun, right? Not that the normal stuff I do is fun, but it keeps me busy and entertained. Not as much as the lil monkey does, but still.. Speaking of which..he's tapdancing in my belly right now. I swear he is. That was cool. I had a dream last night they took him out via c-section. I guess I am moving into that "I can't wait to see him" period of being pregnant. It's getting so close, but still so far away. I can't wait.
Oh, speaking of birthing this boy... push presents? Anyone ever heard of them? Well apparently every single woman I talk to who has had or plans to have children, thinks that the hubby should buy you a present for poppin the lil bugger out of your belly. I don't get that. Isn't the baby a pretty significant "present" for you? I mean, I just can't imagine expecting anything else from Babe. Maybe a night or two free so I can go get drunk with my girlfriends or go get my hairz did... but not a present. Because at the end of that day, I'm hoping to be holding the greatest gift of all, a happy, healthy baby boy... with an average size head. Am I being "old fashioned"? I don't get it. I was just thinking, because of my rant about not being able to fit my engagement ring on now, that it might be strange if he gives me a present. Hey, maybe if he has my ring spit shined and puts it back in the box and it actually FITS on my finger, THAT would be an awesome present... but I don't think that counts as your typical push present. Whatever. I don't care. I am so excited for the future, I can barely stand it!!!
I think I need to do some research today on recipes. Dessert recipes for stuff that's yummy but isn't too fattening. You know, doesn't take a tub of lard to make. Something that's not too terribly sweet and too hard to make... Oh, I got it. I'm looking for a bakery. Who am I kidding?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok,I belly laughed when I got the the part...with a nornal size head.....!!!!!!!LOL You have a thing about the head size. It's in alot of your posts and everytime it just cracks me up! If yu were doing natural childbirth I could understand it...are you? I'm thinking you're going with the epi or something? Go natural girl...I know you'e a tuffy!!! You can do it!!!!!!!
Crack me up!!!!!!!!!
Helllz naw...what's wrong with you woman? Natural? I don't think so! My mom went natural with both me and my brother. She's a brave woman. Not me, drug me up baby!
I had a dream the other day I was getting a c-section and I was watching them pull the lil monkey out. How cool.... Then I woke up and was all sad cuz I felt like he'd be there for me to hold!!!!
Come on...natural is the best...I promise!!!