Get outta here...

So if you know me, you know that I hate thumb sucking. **Simple disclaimer - if my son starts sucking his thumb, I'll try the bitter stuff on the thumb, maybe even a thumb guard... if that doesn't work, I'll just have to deal with it until he's old enough to understand that he's got to stop. ** Sure, people find it cute and cuddly but for me, I can't even begin to explain how it makes me feel. And this didn't start until dating Babe, H still sucks her thumb. She's 7. Her teeth are beginning to buck out. She needs help quitting and I can't help because if I try, I'm being too harsh. So, we'll see how harsh braces are for her in a couple years when she permanently damages those brand new adult teeth...

Anyway, so I'm at Panera picking up a salad and in line there is this girl. She's about H's age. Looks like she dresses herself, ordered her own food, old enough to "understand" things... She turned around and WHAT does she have in her mouth? A pacifier. Not one that is used as a dress up prop for playing "baby" or whatever. This is a full blown paci with the fancy cord that clips on to the tiny security blanket she's got draped over her shoulder...

Are you fucking kidding me? Call me harsh, but your kid is WAY too old for a pacifier... SERIOUSLY!!!! I stood there, looking at her with my mouth gaping, shocked... I couldn't believe it. Her mom saw me looking and quickly led the girl the other direction as to not acknowledge that her 6yr old is sucking on a paci.

I just about passed out from the shock...

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    People are idiots!! That mom was probably one of those ppl who allow their kids to sleep with them forever too! Retardo's!!