Well that was a waste.

At least I had my lil man to entertain me. boy was he active this morning! I had to go downtown for a 'Best Practices' meeting. Yeah, that was a waste, just as I had suspected it would be. But I showed up... made an appearance, almost fell asleep during the presentations...and then came back up here to work. And now, I'm bored again! But at least I'm not about to fall asleep! Why is it that presentations put me to sleep? I swear, Gandhi could be presenting and I'd be all ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Nothing can keep me awake during a presentation. It's sad, really.

Whatever though. Anyway, I have 2 more hours of this work stuff going on and then I get to leave. And that makes me happy. VERY happy.

So, an EBF is engaged. She was the one that was supposed to be my "MOH" at my wedding and blew me off. Yes, literally RSVP'd yes, told me she booked her flight, and accepted my phantom offer to be my maid of honor (really, I had no bridal party,just flower girls, but she was the one person that I wanted to be there with me, in my room when I got ready, with me to get my hair done, there to zip me up, there to yell at the florist... she was it.) She blew it off. Made me doubt my judge of character... Eff her. She's getting married, Great for her. She's moving out of the hell hole of a city that everyone gets sucked into and never leaves. That's great! But when she found out I am incubabying...she was upset that I didn't tell her? Huh? My friend said she told her I was PG and she actually seemed upset that I hadn't called to tell her. WHATEVER. She doesn't KNOW upset. Try being blown off by your best friend for your WEDDING. I demoted her to an acquaintance. So she doesn't have the right to be upset. Period. Now, she probably lives 3 miles from my house. Will she attempt to contact me? Probably not. She's the kind of girl that only calls when she's got big news and her being engaged was trumped by my baby news and she's ticked that I didn't call her. too bad. So sad.

It really really should be Friday. But no, it's only Thursday. Boo...

4 comments:

  1. tt said...

    It's clear that she doesn't deserve you!!
    Off with her head!
    Life is too short, I think, to have to struggle to maintain a friendship...it's either there and equal on both sides or it's not.
    Banishment for her.
    Her loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

  2. Tweb said...

    It IS her loss! That's the part she's struggling with. I'm a damn good friend! I deserve to be treated as such!  

  3. Tweb said...

    Where's ETK? She'll be happy to know I had a waste of a meeting, no?  

  4. tt said...

    Gone having fun.........banishment for her too!!