I'm beyond thrilled that all my salon "services" are taken care of well before my trip to CO. Getting my hair cut tonight and then I'm done for another 6 weeks. THATS a great feeling. Another thing that's a great feeling is realizing that I have 4 weeks of paid time off that I'll be taking for maternity leave instead of the 3 that I originally thought I had left. Nice...an extra week at full pay.. sweet.
Dinner with a friend last night. Met at Baby's R Us. She said I'm cute. I like hearing that. I liked it even more when she said that I'm all baby. THATS good to hear. Doesn't feel like it after weighing in at 19lbs more than when this whole baby thing started. Anyway, she looked fantastic. She failed to mention to me all the weight that she lost. Very happy for her. She's a great lookin gal, and she's even cuter when she feels good about herself. It's always nice having dinner with her. She's a bit hard on herself for being a "bad friend". But as far as bad friends go, we're a good pair so it doesn't matter to me. I still love her just as much, if not more.
So...One of my lovely furbabies decided to give me a present this morning. I'm just happy that we don't let them in our bedroom at night. It was a mouse. Yes, a mouse. I saw a mouse in the basement last summer and put up mouse traps everywhere, but never caught anything. Well apparently the cats decided to get off their lazy asses and play with the lil thing until they kilt it. And they did a good job of it too. But now, I'm forever scarred and kinda grossed out by it all. I don't think Zoe has it in her to attack and kill a mouse like that, but she's a cat..what do I know, really? Puma on the other hand, all day long he'd do that... So completely grossed out, I walked back upstairs to the bedroom saying "Ick, Ick, Gross, Ick. Ick..." until Babe says from under the covers "Okay...what's so "ick"?" Dead mouse. Ick. Now I want my floors sanitized and will probably have a hard time walking around barefoot for a couple weeks... not that I do anyway, I'm always cold and am "socked" up. :)
Slept like shit last night. Lil Monkey woke up and moved around for about 45 minutes. First time he's done that. I think the storm may have woken him up. Didn't wake me up, how funny is that? Woke Babe up.
I woke up 4 other times last night... Crazy dreams. Restless legs. Big belly. You know, all of those wonderful things. :)
One week from right now, I'll be driving from Denver to Vail. I can't wait. Just to be away from work for 6 days...ahhhhhh... going to be AWESOME!!! now hopefully my crackberry doesn't have another meltdown like it did last night. If the damn thing breaks while I'm in CO I will LOSE MY MIND! I'm hoping to keep "in touch" with ya'll while I'm gone. dead crackberry = no communication with the outside world at all!!!
So, my "shower" is supposed to be at the end of September. My friend is planning on throwing it for me and... my confession for the day, I don't really want one. Yeah, not at all. I don't want to have to work on the guest list, I don't want to worry about who will be able to make it, who won't... I hate parties. I hate that I always take into account what's convenient to everyone else... and not me. I hate that. But I cant' help it. In fact, I'm already starting to feel bad for my friend who is planning on throwing it for me. I hate this. Boo-hiss, I don't wanna have a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just go w/ the flow. I think you'll be surprised at how much you actually enjoy it. So.....ummm.....where are you registered ? B-R-U maybe??? Just curious!! :)
Waswn't that sweet to get a 'gift' from the kitties! That's another reason I won't have any 'inside' kitties...plus I'm allergic. :)
One of my BFF's cats ( she has 6!!) brought her the head of a mouse...how lovely and thoughtful..
Uh... 6 cats = crazy cat lady. Hope she knows that. You should create and send her a "crazy cat lady" certificate to hang on her wall.
I have a "running list" for the baby so far. Not sharing the registry because... well I don't know why. I guess I just thought I'd use it as a tool to list the things I want to buy for the kid. and when I finish buying the big stuff off of there, then I guess I'd share the registry. But apparently, if Babe's ex can find it, so can anyone.
Did I mention that I still REALLY don't want a shower? I'm starting to feel more and more like that every day. Boo.
I really don't get the 'don't want a shower' thing. They're really fun...I think. Unless you won't like anyone who's there....could that be it? PPl REALLY like giving things for babies and the Mom's. I hope you enjoy it.