At the weekend....
Friday I left early. That was nice. H had a birthday party to go to so Babe and I went out for "happy hour". It was happy. And as we sat there at the bar, talking to our bartender friends about the success of Babe's company and stock prices, in walks the CEO. Nice huh? So he went over to introduce himself and of course, the guy is as nice as can be and wants to meet me. Great...as I sit there with my "pregnancy punch" in a big girl martini glass, looking like a pregnant lush. :) Good times. the guy really is a nice guy..and big. Geezus the guy must be close to 7 ft tall and the body mass to match. He bought us a drink. That was very nice of him. Then again, he should have bought Babe a lil more than a drink considering the success that he's brought to the table for the guy. :)
Sooo... H watched High School Musical 2 across the street after the birthday party. This movie... both the first and second one, its just amazing to me how quickly this fad caught on. I mean, they broke records with scoring more viewers for a TV premier than any other movie in history. Craziness. Babe went across the street to "fetch" her with every intention of being the "bad dad" and taking her home "early" (if you can call 9:30 early) and he caved and watched the end of this show with 8 little girls. :) Good daddy. Sleepy mommy... I was in bed before the 7yr old. Hey! I have a baby incubabying in me! Leave me alone, I need my energy!
Saturday was our block party. I guess our street has done this for 20 years now. Last year they threw it on the 4th of July, the weekend we moved in so we didn't make it to the party. This year, it rained almost all day long.
Jumpy things - ever been in one of those moon walk type things? Well they rented one for the kids. It rained, that thing turned into a semi-water-mud ride for the kids. They enjoyed it. Got soaked to the bone, but it was worth it. Good thing there were tents and garages and tons of people to hang out with. At the end of the night, one of the neighbors brings out all his fireworks left over from the 4th. Well, he was shooting them off in the cul de sac and they were fairly large fireworks... and someone (the ONE neighbor that never comes to this party) called the police. So up roll the po-po. A firefighter that lives down the street walked out to talk to him and hopefully cool the dudes jets... which worked. He told us to pack em up and not bring em back out. Well that was, until Barney Fife pulled up with authority. Threatened to take someone to jail. Uh, okay dude. chill out. HE "confiscated" what was left of the fireworks - maybe one or two more big flower type fireworks, and was on his way... uh... except he forgot to take the box that we moved into the dark, behind a tree...that had a Boat load more fireworks in it. :) Whatever. AT that point, it was time for bed. 10:30ish.
Oh, Saturday... we get a call from the ex. H's mom asked if we were going to be home so she could drop something off... And she did. Gifts, for my baby... the bitter ex...and her bitter mother... bought our baby, gifts. After getting over that shock.. we opened the packages and of course, par for the course, her and her mother bought the two most expensive things off of our registry. A registry that hasn't been revealed to our friends yet because I'm using it as a "running list" of things we need. So most of the really expensive stuff will be things Babe and I buy... He said that's her style. It's all about the money, not about the gesture. So, she spent about $200... and I ended up wiht an answer to my inner debate: Do I really need a glider swing and a papasan swing for the baby? Apparently I do. :)
Sunday was AWESOME. Why? Because we didn't do anything. Well, not true. Babe went cycling.. Out for lunch... shopping, watched some TV... Dinner at home... laid around... I love love rainy days like that. Lounging with my husband... Trying to enjoy it as much as possible these days because I know that they won't be like that for long. I'm 30 weeks pregnant. Only 10 more weeks of enjoying this lil guy hangin out in my belly, moving around like he does... I"m going to miss that A LOT!!!! He's so entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE lazy rainy days!!! We had a rainy day yesterday but I couldn't do the lazy thing..darn!
BTW- you'll LOVE the swing, especially when you and Babe want to have a nice quiet dinner and Monkey doesn't want to cooperate...the swing puts them to sleep! Yay for swings!
Well now I have TWO! Ain't that just wonderful!
uh-o............can you exchange one??? Hers???