Went to the pumpkin farm this weekend. Decided to go to a new one. Stades Dairy Farm. Good times.
Highlights: Real live corn maze. Last year, we went to another farm that had a man made one with tied together corn stalks. Cool, but not as cool as walking through a real corn field, which was my first time as well.
Pumpkin launcher: This sucker would launch a pumpkin a half a mile away... Babe REALLY liked that thing...
Jumpy things: Who doesn't love a good selection of jumpy/climby/bouncy/slidey things?
Pumpkins: GREAT selection of pumpkins.
Not so highlights:
White trash bitch that dropped a bundle of corn stalks on H. Had to yell at her in all my pregnantitisness. Man what a wicked little bitch she was, mouthing off to her mom too. I told her to get some manners. H asked me why she did that and I told her that she's rude and has no manners or respect for other people. That's why I always ask her to have manners and to be aware of people around her so she doesn't come off as being like that girl. She agreed she didn't want to be like that girl. Thank god.
Bumble fuck where? This place was... well obviously out in the middle of a corn field in some random town... so you get all kinds of folks out there. :)
All in all, it was a great time to watch H do the corn maze, the corn box, some haunted maze that they made inside two cattle trailers... lots of fun stuff for the kids. We had a good ole time!
Then on Sunday her mom came to pick her up early so she could take her to her rich little club downtown for some halloween party. H got dressed at our house... uh... as a "bad girl". Yeah, she had broken shackles on her wrists, a pink and white striped short dress, pink legwarmers and a jail hat... Her mom said she wanted something really short, high schoolish costume or something sleezy. Uh..I wonder where she got that from? I mean, her mom IS wearing a short black skirt, tight black top with a glitter pumpkin on it, fishnet stalkings that have a stripe down the front of leopard print... and a red cape with red eyelashes...and way too much makeup on. A witch, she called herself. I'd say more like a hooker. But who am I to judge? I can't believe she actually thought it was odd that H wanted to dress more provocative.... uh... ANYONE ever meet a little girl that didn't want to be more like mommy? Run with it sister, if you're going for the sleezy witch, claim it! Own it! Work it! Don't be surprised that H wants a shorter dress! LOL!!!!
Whateve. I guess she had a great time at her party which is what is important. H loves that crap. As should be expected.
The rest of the day was great. Errands in the morning while Babe played soccer... then to watch the Bears game which was a good one, even though they did lose. It was a CLOSE one!!! And Greise looked EXCELLENT, which is what we need from him these days. Buh bye Grossman, your days are over if Greise keeps playing like that. Woot!
A little shopping with BAbe, he's so much fun. I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoy spending time with him... it's ridiculous. Laundry, dinner, TV, bed... snuggling... TMI? Sorry.. can't help it.
What's important is that we're spending a lot of quality time together just the two of us in these last non-parental days and getting lots of rest. We've also discussed trying to be parents without "losing" ourselves in the baby. I don't want our worlds to end just becasue there's this amazing little man in our lives now. I don't want Babe to stop playing soccer. I know I"ll be out of commission for a bit but that doesn't mean I can't continue to go out with my girlfriends every once in a while, go out for football games, soccer games, etc. It's just going to take a little work and focus on what's important to all of us.
9 more days... I can't believe it... I'm so stinkin excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, I think my old fashioned-ness is going to show. What happened to lil girls wanting to be Cinderella or Snow White or one of the current comic characters?? A Bad girl...hooker witch??/ Sounds like an adult party costume...I guess it's hard for the 'mom'to say 'no' to H as in 'Why not wear something more appropriate for your age group'........ Too bad you're not THE mom of her. She'd do better I'm sure.
I haven't done that whole Halloween thing in ages. Sounds like you had a great time. Yay for you!!
Yeah, see that's what I was thinking... Cinderalla...princesses... hell, even one of those cheeta girl singers that they have out there. But no....she wants to be a hooker. :)