I was thinking about how much my life has changed in the past year. I used to worry about being tan... looking pasty white was gross and to me it looked unhealthy. Well, it still does but I don't give a hoot now. I worry more about getting home so I can take my kid out of the car seat and look at him.
While I certainly am not a stay at home mom type, I now have come to accept the fact that I could very well be a part time working mom and be very content with that. I always said, I'd never quit my job to stay at home. Well, I don't want to quit... I'd just like to alter my hours... say 10 - 4? Just for the first year or so... that's not much to ask is it?
I used to worry about shopping, finding clothes for vacations, planning trips... and now, I worry that I won't be able to plan trips for Logan as much as I'd like to. And this may shound really bad, but I have to be 100% honest here.... (not that I've been lying up until this point. :) When Babe and I were on our Mexico kick, I was all for going as often as we could. And H told us one of the last times that we had to bring her with us the next time we went. Um. I never really considered taking her with us to Mexico. Yeah. There it is. i said it. But now... I'd be more than happy to find a kid friendly hotel and go with Logan and H. Terrible, I know. These are the things I face now that I have "My own" as apposed to a step one. It's hard to sort out the two.
I need to get my hair done so badly... and it's gotta happen this weekend or I may just die... But you see, I've been putting this off (tt) for probably 3 weeks now. Before, I would have stayed all over it. But no, I'm more excited about getting a poopy diaper than getting my hairz did. :) Good times no?
I used to want there to be more hours in the day so I could play longer at night... now I want there to be more hours in the day so I have more time to get to know the ever growing Logan and his personality... which hopefully he'll let me catch on my video recorder sometime in the near future. I think he really likes shiny things so when I put the camera up in his face... his face goes blank and he just stares. great....
Well, enough randoms. I should have been spending this time getting to know my Imac so I could post some video's but instead, I'm here... posting this n thats... and now the lil monkey's up so we're going to go watch Letterman that I tivo'd from lastnight!
Lata loves!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's funny how motherhhod changes women. I resisted it for a long time, for reasons I still don't completely understand, but I finally caved in and accepted it. Odd, I know. I think it's a phase thing. At least it was w/ me. Depending on how 'needy' the kids were at the time, dictated all my actions. And the interesting part is that as they got older their 'less' needy times where when I was most involved.
Relationship are ever evolving aren't they?
You're a good Mom!
Thanks tt... nice to have someone who understands what I'm going through and actually has advice!! I wish I wasn't the "mom" figure in my relationship with my mom... I could use her now.