So we went in for my 18 week appt today. Good times. I've gained 4lbs in the past 6 weeks. Then my sweet sweet Babe chimed in and says... "I've got you pegged at 42lbs. That's my bet." WHAT? Shall I kick your ass now or wait until I'm pregnanter? That's a lot of weight! Then he followed it up with, Well of the 4lbs so far, 2 are in your bewbies. (good boy... nice recovery) So far, I think I'm up 8 - 10 lbs. and I feel like THATS a lot of weight. BP is good. Baby's heartbeat is at a good 150 beats per minute. Lil dehydrated so I have to up my water intake. I knew that before I went there. I hate water though. And I"m so damn tired of Gatorade and juice... I don't know what I'm going to do. Suck it up and drink more water.
Two weeks from today we get to have the ultrasound. The "big one" they say. To determine that the baby is growing at a normal rate and there aren't any abnormalities and... of course.... to find out what the sex is!!!! Hopefully the lil bugger will cooperate and spread em for us! LOL. I'm super excited.
Any day now I should start feeling him move. Now, I can feel the big mass that's in there move around, side to side. Mostly on my left side. But no actual foot or hand movement. And the dr mentioned that when we're listening to the doppler and the baby's heartbeat, the fuzziness that comes across the doppler is the baby moving around in there. THATS cool.
So many cool things to experience. So far, I love this feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for you. So many 'first' to experience.
Sounds crazy, but you might try putting lime juice in some ice water...it's better than lemon I think. Just a thought.
I went to one of those mary kay thingies. We had before ( no makeup) pictures and after( w/ makeup) pictures. Talk about a disaster!! My girl wouldn't let me put on eyeliner, which I always wear, cuz she thought I looked better w/o it...Stupido gurlie! I never bought anything else from her! The pics turned out awful!
I'm always suspicious of 'over-the-top-cheery-smiley-ppl! Can there really be ppl out there who fall for that crap?
You were sweet to help your friend tho...such a sweet preggers!
squeezers to you!
That's funny... I don't do eyeliner. Maybe it's because over the years I've eliminated steps in my makeup regimen to save time. Eyeliner didn't make the cut. :)
And yes, we did the before and after pics, but I didn't stick around to check them out. I didn't want to. Their foundation made me look dead. That's generally not the look I'm going for.