Mary Who????

Mary Kay.. you heard me. So I offered up my face for a friend who is becoming a Mary Kay consultant and needed to do makeovers on30 faces in 30 days. No problem right? Well I thought I'd be going to her house and she'd do my makeup and tell me what colors she recommends, facial products, etc... uh, was I wrong. So I show up promptly at 7, just as instructed, to a house FULL of women. I'm talking probably close to 35, maybe even 40 women. About 12 of us were the "volunteer faces" and the rest were either consultants or training to become a consultant. Uh, they didn't do our makeup...they watched US do our makeup. Nice huh? I hate that crap. I dont' wear much makeup and no I don't like covering my whole damn face in foundation. Sorry, perfumy stuff makes me want to barf, get that off my hand. NO I'm not wearing eyeliner! I don't care if this orangy/pinky lipstick is "my color"... Someone help me... I think I may die from stinky breath...

That was a nightmare. I left feeling like a hooking clown. And being PG, that's not a good combo.
The thing is, the "leader" of this thing was a TOTAL wacko. Seriously, the lady was loud and goofy and that very lovey dovey kind of freak you out type person. The type of person where you say to yourself, there's NO way she is nice to her family when she goes home, this cheer has got to wear her out. Seriously freaked me out. 7pm - 9pm. I thought I was going to die. I had some cheese and crackers before hand and no dinner. Didn't have time and we had nada in the fridge. Blah.

When I got home, we got a call... a strange call... We thought it was a scam at first. Someone from Dell Financial Services calling to verify credit. Uh.... we didn't request any credit... Well someone was trying to open an account so they could buy a video recorder. Nice huh. What was really nice is that the people that were calling us to verify, actually thought Babe would give them his SS#. Are you serious!? You can't even explain to me why you're calling, what your mailing address is or why you're calling ME who has no idea what you're talking about when you say I'M the one applying for credit! Asshats, I swear. So he was transfered to someone else who he coudln't understand... and then given a number to call with a SEVEN digit extension number... In circles I tell ya. We didn't get anywhere with them but we'll try again tonight. Freaky, no? THIS is what we've come to... we OUTSOURCE our friggin customer service departments and next thing you know we have some guy with broken English from India trying to explain something to us that he doesn't understand HIMSELF! Well thank god that labor is cheaper...

We once had someone steal our CC number and order a 50" flat screen TV online for $4200. This world is going to hell in a handbasket.

0 comments: