I think I'm getting to that point where all I want to do is wear comfortable clothes. Yesterday I wore linen capri's and a cute lil shirt and flops. Talk about comfy. Today, I put on jeans, which I do love by the way, a tshirt and then my shoes..which are your basic Franco Sarto shoe with a 2" heel. I love Frank. He's my buddy. But, I think I'm getting to the point that I don't want to wear shoes. My other shoes feel tight. My feet must be growing. They're not comfy like they used to be. I think my next challenge is, cute and comfy. Not stylish and well put together. Professional. Sorta. I think I give up on that whole thing. :) I refuse to go to sweats though. Its the one thing that is such a huge turn off to me about pregnant women. That and leaky nipples. (sorry, had to make myself laugh this morning.)
On the way in to work today, I saw this:
Three bad-ass military police hummers, haulin ass down the expressway. Driving on the shoulder, passing people... sticking together, not paying attention to the masses, staring at them. Me being one of those. And the funny part is, most people moved over and let them pass, let them stick together, and oddly enough, the asshole driver response, went away. People were polite. And all I could think was, "Go on with your bad ass." And they did.
What is fascinating to me is how people get the same feeling when we see these things in person. I don't know if it's pride or fear or just a big fat slap of reality in our faces, but we all feel it. Today, it put me in a good mood. Not because of what's going on in Iraq. I don't know why. Maybe it's the patriotism that comes along with supporting our troops. They're just like us. They ARE us, just in the middle of a noble mission. Not that I agree with the war, but I do support our men and women over there...
I wonder if Bush ever feels this way.
On a more important note, I go to get my 3D ultrasound tomorrow. (that was a joke, by the way) But really, I can't wait for the lil monkey's glamor shots. I hope we can see his face! I THINK he's faced towards my back still so hopefully either he'll move around and we'll get some good shots or maybe they'll be able to catch him anyway. I mean, the lil bugger is pokin out quite a bit. Oh, and I think it's starting to tighten my belly... might need to start lubing two or three times a day to help that skin not hurt! Fingers crossed that this guy isn't a big baby!!
And in celeb news, Nicole Richie... oh Nicole, she finally did her much anticipated Diane Sawyer interview and revealed the big news. She's knocked up. Really? We shall see how this turns out. She's anorexic for cryin out loud. I certainly hope she takes care of herself for the babys' sake. I mean, I had a hard time coming to terms with losing my flat tummy and I didn't even have an eating disorder. I can't imagine how hard this is going to be for her. Oh and what is beyond annoying is people trying to analyze her life. "Well, she says she's almost 4 months but says she's due in Dec. How is that possible? And didn't she just get arrested for a DUI, doesn't that mean she was drunk while pregnant?" DUDE, lay off the girl. Who cares? I mean, if you REALLY must question it, she was arrested months ago for being under the influence of vicodin and alcohol while driving. Actually, she was parked, going the wrong way on a highway. Yes, dangerous. Yes, she went to court for it. Who gives a flyin hoot if she only gets 4 days? Really? Do you care THAT much? Pick someone else that has more material to work with, this one is already getting old.
I think my little man knows when I'm thinking about him. In the middle of the night, when I flip over, I think to myself, I wonder... he hasn't moved in a while... I don't think... and then, every time, he moves! just once, and then goes back to bed. I love that.
He's got the hiccups again. Poor baby... I don't understand hiccups in utero. He's breating amniotic fluid, how does that give him hiccups? Must.visit.webmd.com
HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always get goosebumples and, of course, teary-eyed,whenever I see a uniform! Military Planes?...I get all giddy...cuz that's the sound of freedom baby!!!!!!!! Gotta love em!
I hear ya sister... it's just one of those indescribable feelings. Good stuff...