The time has come..

to show off the belly. Yeah, it's "pool day" here at work which means we're blowing off the afternoon to go sit at the pool at the gym across the street from our office. Normally, I wouldn't mind so much but since I'm 5&1/2 months pregnant, I'm feeling a little, oh shall we say, insecure, about my body. (no, really?) I only have a bikini as my maternity bathing suit hasn't arrived yet. Thing is, if I were with total strangers, I don't think I'd have a problem with this but these are the guys at my office... they LOVED the fact that I was the lil hottie in the group, I'd attract all kinds of chickies to the group, believe it or not. And they'd feel all macho, big brotherish I think when guys would look at me and they could give them "the eye".

Well, here comes the whale. :( I'm sure that'll go away quickly but I just don't know how ready I am to bare all. I did bring a cover up so who knows if it will actually come off. Oh, and to top it off, the top of my bathing suit... well it BARELY holds my bewbies in. CUTE bathing suit, not exactly "maternity" material. And I'm the girl who doesn't care usually! Hell, if you're proud of your PG body, SHOW IT OFF!!! Maybe I'll feel that again once I get out there, but it's doubtful.

And I"m bored as all getup today so it doesn't help that I'm just sitting here stewing... thinking about everyone at the pool staring at me.

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I don't think I've seen this insecure side of you before. Not sure what to make of it either. Hummm, I'm sure it's hormone related and new body related like you said but, I have always seen you as totally secure in most every aspect of yur life. Oh, I know....I think you've become more vulnerable. Bless your heart. I hope you said WTF and went swimmin'! Remember, the big belly and big bewbies is from being P.G....not overeating! Go for it! Don't hold back!  

  2. ETK said...

    do we get pool belly pictures?  

  3. Tweb said...

    Uh.. not unless you want to see pictures of my bewbies...becasue I'm pretty sure that's all that was taken of me. :)

    Eh, insecurities or me not wanting to "share", I dunno. I guess it is hard for me seeing that I'm so big, and its' by choice... but not by my doing. If that makes sense. IT's hard to imagine and prepare yourself. Going from 6 pack to watermellon! There is no preparation for that. Now that the ice has been broken though...we shall see!!