I was just thinking, once I have this kid, things are going to change quite a bit. We are both aware of this. But one of the things that's going to change is H's schedule. I'm not going to drag my newborn out of the house just to drop her off at school, which is on the way to Babe's office. Nor am I going to drag the baby out to pick her up. That's going to be a full time Babe job. I don't think he's aware of that just yet. Sorry charlie. When we leave the house, it's going to be on our schedule and chances are good, it won't coincide with her school schedule.
One thing I think he can stay used to is sleeping. See, what I don't get is why some women have the hubby get up with the baby in the middle of the night. Now, dont' get me wrong, I think it's great when the mom is exhausted and she's not breastfeedingor something like that, but if she is exclusively BF... and she's not working, he is... why on earth would you make him wake up and get the baby, knowing that he's got to get up early in the morning and go to work? I understand needing a break and all that jazz, but still... when it comes to bringing home a paycheck...taking care of the family...is it wrong for me to think this way? I hope not because I don't plan on making him get up with our son in the middle of the night unless I really need a break. Eh, we'll see.
Maid... is every other week going to work for us still? I hope. I'm hoping that this baby is a miracle baby and I'm not too exhausted to keep the house up and let the cleaning service do the deep cleaning like they do now, every other week.
I'm trying to be realistic but it's hard when you haven't been through it before!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with you on not getting the guys up in the middle of the night. I used to argue w/ some friends over this. You are exactly right! Now, when the Mom goes back to work there needs to be some give and take, but not while she is at home. I'm with you on that 100%.
Just remember one little thing that is actually hard for women to do. For a while....after he's home.....YOU need to nap while HE'S napping. It's one of the most important things you can do for yourself and for wee one. Trust me on this....if you don't, something will give.....most likely you. Not pretty...