Wednesday

So I called the doctor yesterday trying to reschedule my appt for earlier. My hands are numb. They have been for going on 3 weeks. That can't be healthy. Add in some shooting pains down my arm and I think that's reason enough to talk to the Dr. So the nurse called me back to discuss my symptoms. I've also developed heartburn at night, which I've never had before, nausea, lower back ache (one night only though), loss of appetite (I have to pretty much convince myself to eat cuz I'm just not hungry these days), headache and I wake... wide awake... on a schedule. If it's not 11pm, it's 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30 am. Clockwork.

The nurse had me come in to check my blood pressure, yes tt, for Pre-eclampsia and to check for protein in my urine. Nada. BP is 110 over perfect. NO protein or glucose in my urine.. I'm perfectly fine. Or even better, my little man is perfectly healthy. THAT made me happy but if this hand thing gets any worse, I honestly don't know how I'll handle it. We shall see. Last night wasn't bad except waking up this morning the pads of my hands... my "thumb pads" hurt like HELL.

Oh, and I'm up another pound. Apparently that's what I need to be gaining so no worries about the loss of appetite. Total now, 23lbs. Wow.

So, moving on... lil monkey was SOOOO active last night, I had to actually lift my shirt up. Why you ask? Good question! Because the baby usually freaks out, stops moving or tries to get away from the light and having a shirt on usually blocks the light so he feels free to jump around like he owns the place. :) He does... but I was trying to eat and it's REALLY hard to do when you have an alien poking out of your belly!!!

Sbux this morning... man, WHAT is wrong with people? I mean seriously, this guy... creepy lookin dude walks in and stares at this lady at a table who's talking to another lady. I found it to be a bit rude, but thought, hey, maybe he knows her. No. He just stared. And then he saw me, so he turns to me, looks at my belly, and continues to stare at me. So I get my ghetto stance on, hand on hip, head rollin, eyes planted on his, put on my "what the fuck are you looking at" look on my face... and waited for him to realize I was non-verbally telling him to quit fucking looking at me.

Freak. Took him some time, but after rolling my eyes, shaking my head like "elfing loozer", he finally got the hint and moved on. As I was waiting for my coffee, I was PRAYING that he would stare at me again so I could tell him, You should really take a picture, it might last longer. as I walked out. But no, he fixed his eyes on the paper and didn't drift. Darnit.

Tonight... is.... the big night... premier night... GRAYS ANATOMY!! WHOOT! I can't wait! So what shall I do? I shall run to Baby's R Us, pick up some stuff to put in my hospital bag, run to meet a friend to pick up her bullhorn and head home to meet babe for dinner and a night chalked full of grays!!
I think Babe's really starting to panic.. I asked him if he was scared and he said it's a certain degree of panic and excitement mixed together. Panic because I don't have my bag packed yet! I started packing it last night. Didn't get very far... so I have to do that tonight. He's right, we're in the home stretch, I should be prepared. So, I'll stop by the mall too on the way home and get things like...oh I don't know.. a soft as all getup pair of PJ's for the hospital :)

Bullhorn? Babe's got a "contest finale" at work tomorrow and is borrowing my friends Bullhorn so he can shout at everyone in their parking lot. Good times, I tell ya. This contest was actually sponsored by Monster energy drink so the monster trucks will be there and so will the Monster girls.

Pssst... I had a dream last night that lil monkey was already here... and I got to have s.e.x. with Babe again like a normal person!!! I miss normal person sex!!!! Dayum belly gets in the way. :) Good image, no?

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    carpel tunnel???
    Glad you're packing. I'm getting antsy now.  

  2. Tweb said...

    So am I. :)