So last night Babe and I went for our hospital tour. Good times. Went a little something like this:
Arrived at the hospital right no time. There were 3 other couples there for the same tour:
Condell, the other hospital in the area that apparently houses a lot of births, has refused all BCBS patients (some big billing issue with them) so now they're all scrambling to find a new hospital... mine. *beware... very judgmental comments to follow*
A white trash couple - very large woman (as in, obviously gained a LOT of pregnancy weight and was VERY pregnant) who reeked of cig smoke and I do believe her husband/boyfriend/babydaddy was stoned. While we were looking at one of the rooms, they showed us the tv and DVD player. Babe whispered to me that he'd bring the porn and this guy busted out laughing SO loud... Wasn't meant for his ears. Oh and when they mentioned either a filet or lobster for your dinner, this guy grabbed his crotch with one hand, and high fived this random dude while saying "Hellllll yeaahhhh!! Dats what I’m talkin bout! That's why we picked this place."
Then there was the Hispanic couple, the guy was beyond disinterested in anything going on. Cute lil Hispanic girlfriend/babymamma. He was trying to entertain their first kid who was about 2yrs old... I don't think she spoke any English.
And of course then there's the straggler. I think she was Hispanic as well... She had a 9yr old there with her... and of course wanted to know who she needs to talk to in order to have her daughter watch the birth. "They let us do it at Condell."
(It's at this point that I realize we're not in Kansas anymore Toto and click my heels three times, hoping to reappear somewhere else)
Lucky for us, all the rooms are private and actually really nice. The whole facility is very well laid out and we are both SOOO excited!!! 13 more days!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was thinking all through your post....." God, I hope the rooms are private!" Thank gawd!! There's nothing worse than having a trashed out roomie after you have had a life altering event happen to you!! Those 'types' of ppl can really make you tired. The uncouth kind I mean. :)