So that was strange. There was 12 women there from the neighborhood. Apparently the hostess told everyone there was a "scrapbooking" theme to the party. Uh... I've done one scrapbook for Babe. I rocked it out, but it took me FOREVER to put together. I don't have that kind of time. I still have a big storage bin filled with wedding stuff that I plan to put in a scrap book at some time in my life. So now, instead of these women coming to just celebrate with me and eat cake (which yes there was cake there, thank god) or instead of them going out, if they needed to spend money on me, buying things off my registry... I got quite a bit of scrapbooking stuff. Yeah. Um, VERY nice gesture... really. I do appreciate it. It was a really sweet thought... but the chances of me actually using this stuff... Slim to NONE! I think they were all a bit surprised when I told them all that I was going back to work after I had the baby. Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, I just don't think it's for me. Now for them, it is, what it is... life. They have time to do things like scrap booking. Me, not so much. And I HIGHLY doubt I'll have the time once the baby's here. So, that was that. I think one gal, who couldn't find my registry at Baby's R Us... uh huh... um, yeah...anyway, she just took it upon herself to buy me a SHITLOAD of the cutest baby clothes ever! I love them! Ton's of winter onsies, fleece outfits...SO friggin cute! And she's the neighbor that is... the strangest of them all. She lives right next door to me. I was shocked that she was the one that actually thought, hey, this is a baby shower, lets get her things for the baby, not things that are going to take away from the baby...

Anyway, there were games. NAme that celebrity baby. I wasn't allowed to play that one because I knew all but one of the babies. What? They came from MY US weekly magazines! THen there was, finish the nursery rhyme and give the official name of the baby version of this animal. (Lion = cub). All writing games. Does anyone vagely remember me talking maybe a little bit about my fingers being numb? Something about ohhhhh, carpel tunnel? Well yeah, talk about painful. So that was fun.

Lots of finger food so I didn't end up eating any dinner..just dips and chips and brownies (yum) and cake.

Oh, and ONE of the ladies, I didn't even know! ANd no one introduced me to her! Thing is, the hostess told her that it was a scrapbooking party with a baby shower theme. Uh yeah, so she showed up with A piece of paper that fits the scrap book and some stickers... ready to get to scrap booking. So she wrapped it. And gave it to me.

Wow. Just wow. And of course no one got drunk and did anything stupid. There was a recovering alcoholic there so any time she's around, everyone else kinda gets a little "watch how much you drink"ish and it was mellow.

All in all, I got the crib sheets I registered for and a formula measuring cup that I registered for. Everything else, outside of maybe 2 other gifts that were clothes, were all scrap booking stuff.

I hate being the center of attention.

If the hostess sends me pictures, I'll post some for you. Chances are good, I'll put this all behind me and move on. Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of ladies in the hood that I just adore! They are really really sweet, but sitting at a shower, not drinking... talking about myself and my unborn son... not the ideal scenario for hangin out with them.

And tonight... I shall shop. :) off of my own registry as I had planned it.

2 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    Hmm - sounds very interesting. Very indeed. At least you got cake and some good stuff! :)  

  2. tt said...

    Ditto to everything ETK said.
    Interesting bunch there. I'm sorry ETK and I couldn't be there to liven things up for you! Ha..that would've been a hoot!!