I'm back!

Yes, it's true... I'm back. Whew! Alive and in one piece! I ski'd. Yep, I get it. I don't think it's for me, but I get it.

Beautiful mountains, oh how I love you, just not enough to glide down you at ridiculous speeds with sticks strapped to my feet. Oh, and you're cold.

Friday I had a group lesson. That was fun (yea right). Started with 8 ppl in the class and by the afternoon, there were 2 of us left. The instructor was really quiet, could barely understand a word she said. Glad I paid so much friggin money for it. On a more comedic note, the girl that was left with me, was from Chicago. Cute young gal, dancer... she had a really hard time getting the whole balance thing. She bit it BIG time towards the end of the day. Apparently they call it a "yard sale". She falls and everything goes flying, poles, skis, goggles... good times. I felt bad for her because she fell right in front of the lodge with tons of people watching.

On a not so comedic note, Saturday was my first private lesson. Nice... we rode up the lift and what does my jackass instructor do? He takes me down a fucking blue. Dude, groomed Greens is all I'm used to, BARELY. and he took me down a blue... in a fucking blizzard. What did I do? I cried. Yep. Not like sobbing crying, but tears streaming out of my eyes as I repeat "this sucks ass" and side slid down the steep part of the run. Then he tells me "Over there, that path, goes right to a green." So I hauled ass over there and he's like "Okay wait, let me get this straight, you won't fly down a blue, but as soon as you see green, you're gone like there's no tomorrow?" So apparently I'm good at skiing. Sure I am. I get it. But I don't like going fast. Which apparently is a big part of skiing. Who knew? Still, even though I can control myself, I still don't like it. I took one for the team, learned to ski, now take my ass to the beach!!!

Okay, so Sat sucked. Then they took me to apres ski and got me drunk so I agreed to do another day of skiing. Dumb girl. I did, however get to see more of the mountain which was AWESOME. Unfortunatley, my face got so damn sunburned that I feel like I've got a permanent mud mask or something on and every time I smile, which is a lot, it feels like it's cracking!

So much to write... I should go download some pics first.

I'm back ETK! I'm back TT!!!! Woohooo!!! I missed ya'll!!!

3 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    OH MY GOD! IT'S ABOUT TIME! WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! WE EVEN TALKED ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT ON THE PHONE (OK - so it was really about what a skinny bitch you are, but we do love you). :)

    Missed you TONS! Sorry to hear you were traumatized, but glad to hear you can ski!!!! Woot!  

  2. Tweb said...

    Ha, you're so cute! Skinny bitch?!?! Nice try, still feelin the fatass mode. That's only cuz my jeans fit like I belong in an 80's hair band video... can't blame me!

    I'm back!! Woohoo!!!  

  3. tt said...

    Damn it's about time!!!!!!!!!!! We sooooooooooooo missed you!!!
    It felt like you were gone for weeks...Yea, we talked about you..nani-nani-boo-boo!!! Wanna see a fatass? Bring yo skinny one ova here and I'll show ya one!
    Glad you had a good time..I've only walked in snow so I'm a bit jealous...you go girl!