Every day I think it's going to happen. A random asks me the questions. Yesterday it was in starbucks, today in the elevator, tomorrow maybe it'll be at the cleaners, who knows. I'm going to get a shirt that says:
It's a Boy
Yes, it's my first.
He'll be here Oct 28th.
:)
It's just so strange. I'm not good at being the center of attention in the first place so having complete strangers come up to me and ask me...well it's odd.
Last night I met Babe at his office to help decorate for his sales contest this month. His boss was there and he started laughing at me. Said "Oh my god, there's a basketball in there. I swear, I wouldn't know you were pregnant if I just saw you from behind or straight on... you're all belly." Uh yeah... I am. I'm thankful for that and I like hearing those comments. I gotta have Babe take a picture tonight, I'm getting big. Personally, I think the basketball has graduated to a dodgeball size. Maybe. I dunno.
We have plans for dinner this weekend with the friend that might throw me a shower. I'm starting to feel that it's a little too late for a shower. Anyway, she's starting to really get on my nerves. Jumping to conclusions when it comes to me and how I feel about things/people. Another friend is going to her house for dinner too. We like him. Always have. Well, she asked me if it's okay that he'll be there. Uh... that was the original plan, wasn't it? Why would I mind that he's there? He's our friend. I hate that kind of projecting. I'm thinking she's annoyed with him and is hoping I'll say I don't want him there. Whatever. Shut up.
Names? Well, we have one that we like... and about a month ago, Babe and I were talking about naming the lil monkey two really good names that he could go by either if he so desired. First or middle name. Well last night when I threw out a potential middle name, he said, why wouldn't we decide what he's going to be called and go with that as his name and not worry about the middle name?
What? This is what you wanted to do, a month ago. Geeze... what are you smokin dude?
So now I'm going to pick a name so it flows, not so it can be used as his main name if he chooses. Whatever. Maybe I'll just go with Babe's middle name as I had originally planned. Blah, the name game isn't fun anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Could she be planning a surprise shower for you? Perhaps a couples shower? For your sake I hope not!
I adore the T-shirt idea! I think ETK and I will get you one!!!!!!!!
:)
Names are really hard I think. I wanted to re-do baby boys name a dozen times after he was born but it was too late. It's hard making sure that the name can't be made into something stupid or gross by the kids on the playground....such worries...;)
Oh god no. No surprise shower. I think she would have tried harder to get me over to her house if that were the case.