Stuffs

So yesterday was truly a sad day... First of all, it was a slow day here at the office and I had to do all I could not to fall asleep at my desk. Then, Babe had happy hour with work so I was left to fend for myself until dinner. So what's a girl to do? Shop, of course. My non-maternity shirts are starting to not fit over this belly of mine so well. So, I figured I'd go shopping for end of summer non maternity cute XL t-shirts on clearance. I found some. Score! And I found some cheap khakis... that fit under my belly... not bad, I thought.

Sent Babe a text asking him his eta and discovered that I had just enough time to go to DSW... shoes. Ahhh, my love... I know SOME of you can relate, right? Anyway, I walk into the biggest shoe store that I've ever been in and instantly get that euphoric feeling.. yes, this is going to be good. I'll look for those Puma's that they didn't have in my size at the other DSW and then I'll look for some other comfy black fun dressy work shoes... Well, I found both. The problem? No problem with the Puma's. Done deal. The others... a beautiful pair of Bandalino's with my name on them...AND they were on sale to boot! I thought to myself, could this be fate? Of course! Try em on. Well, they were wedge shoes that had this babydoll toe cover thing (can you tell I really know my shoes?) and then they covered the back of my heel and had a strap that buckled around the ankle... oh they were even comfy!!! YES!!! So now all I need to do is do the little buckle to make sure they still feel comfy strapped on my feet..

....
....
...
...
...
...

Would you fucking believe that I can't reach the damn buckle? I tried for 5 fucking minutes to no avail. Yes, I had to pass them up because I couldn't reach the buckle...

:: hanging head in shame :: Welcome to real pregnancy.

Here's me in my new school outfit (and belly) :

The name game continues. I asked Babe if he's thought about names. He gave me our front runner with his middle name and another name that we decided to consider when we were in Colorado. Can I just say, the front runner... when he said it out loud, made me love it even more than before? I swear, it was the strangest feeling... made me smile biggly. ;)

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Awwwww, I'm so sorry about the shoe fiasco. That's totally not fair. We do love our shoes don't we!!
    Egads girl..........you look like you're gonna bust!! :) But you're still a very pretty gal!Seriously...for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the outfit...if you hadn't turned sideways I never would have known you were pg!  

  2. Tweb said...

    I know! I don't know how I'm going to last another 7 weeks. Well.. 6ish now. But still!!! He's getting so big that when he stretches out, his foot sticks out like a lil pokey and I have to stop and sometimes bend over because it's not very comfortable.

    Still puts a smile on my face though.
    :)

    Thanks for the compliment!!