Ever have someone tell you a story and completely take it the wrong way? Or, rather, get excited/frustrated/disturbed/grossed out for the wrong reason?
Someone just told me a story. We shall call her P. P tells a story of living in AZ, sleeping in the middle of the night. She said she felt what she thought was a drip, on her neck. Thinking it was just sweat, she brought her hand behind her head and wiped her neck off... only to find that it was something big and hard... so she swatted it away. She turned on the lights to see a very large cockroach. In this terror, she jumps out of bed and runs across the hall to her husbands room screaming and crying and completely freaked out.
~PAUSE~
Now, I should be grossed out by the cockroach and while yes I admit, I am totally grossed / skeeved out at this point, what disturbs me moreso is the fact that her husband has his own bedroom across the hall. I can't bring myself to say anything to her. Not even, "Better get that house fumigated" because all I can think of saying is "why aren't you and DH sleeping together?"
It was said as though... it was no big deal. Not as in, they're separated or having problems... they just have separate rooms...
Huh. Bothersome. I can't even imagine not sleeping with Babe every night. I just can't imagine it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe she said that so you'd ask her about it...maybe? I knew a couple who had seperate bedrooms. Very odd I think. Their marriage was for convienence( never could spell that word!)...still weird.
Eh, I get a bit uncomfortable when it comes to those things. Babe's last marriage was the same way and had he not realized that he couldn't live his life that way, she would have been fine with it. I mean, after all, it did look like the perfect life from the outside.
People are weird.
Wow, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I read it. Yeah, roach, gross - but WHY AREN'T YOU SLEEPING WITH YOUR HUSBAND? HE HAS HIS OWN ROOM?!?!?!?!?