After a 2hr interview, I really liked this nanny... Olga. She's Russian. Really easy to talk to, sounds like she really wants to work with kids again, willing to learn the way I take care of him so when she starts, he won't be "in shock" or have too much separation anxiety. She nannied for a 3 yr old and loved it. His grandparents came to live with them so she no longer was needed.
anyway, she seemed really sweet and interested and eager...
But...
1. let me just start by saying I have this anxiety already... having to leave him is killing me inside....
2. she has no infant experience outside of her friends and family babies. Yeah, worries me a bit, but other than having to pay ALL of your attention to them and constantly entertaining, it's not too terribly different.
3. I'm a nervous wreck.. she can't start for 2 weeks. She wants to give her current employer a notice, which says a lot if you ask me. She doens't want to burn bridges she says. Thats a good thing.
4. princed reasonably, I guess... she says she'll do light cleaning too...
5. I don't know why I'm numbering all of these, but whatev. I think we'll probably only need her for 3 or 4 months... Not sure. Depends on if we can get Logan into this certain daycare/school... They don't have any openings right now. I feel bad about that, but I guess it is the nature of the beast.
6. She's Russian. Loves kids, loved the outdoors, and when I asked her if she was SURE she wanted to take care of a baby, being so different from a toddler, she instantly said yes. She said that she doesn't want me to worry about the lack of experience because she can learn from me and that she wouldn't be doing things with him that I wasn't okay with. I guess that means, if she learns from me, He'll learn from her as if it were me and his schedule won't be blown to shreads. All shall remain normal...
So that's that.. The two week issue is going to be tough. the daycare place didn't say No to the idea.. they just said that 2 weeks isn't enough time for me to really decide if I want to stay home with Logan or leave him in daycare. What they don't realize is that I just need those two weeks to watch Logan until the nanny is available. Can't tell them that though because then we'll have the whole redheaded step childl.only sticking around for 2 weeks so treat him like crap, syndrom. She wasn't against it, but she really didn't sound like she wanted to do it. So, i guess I'll have Babe call her tomorrow and tellher that we'll start with 2 weeks and go from there. Now watch, I'll end up really loving the day care place and that will suck! Can't win, I guess...
I'm still a ball of nerves though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your plan sounds really good. If you end up liking the daycare then that's ok too. It's YOUR peace of mind and YOUR baby remember...plus it's a woman's perogative to change her mind whenever she wants. :)
Do her references check out? Did you do a background check? Of course you did....silly me.
Sereration anxiety is a real thing...but you're one tough cookie and you'll finger it all out.
Yay for you!!
I'm so glad the interview went well! I was so worried for you!!! You can do this, I know you can. :)