Bizzaro world.

I slept like crap last night. ( I just typed, I slept like carp last night, and made myself laugh. Oh, I'm so easy) Anyway, I guess the crap part is because I stayed up late, watching TV. Dumb girl.

This AM, ran into a coworker at Starbucks. We decided to sit and have coffee because it's Superbowl weekend and because the Bears are going to win, everyone would be slacking today at work and we wouldn't be busy (we were right so far). Then I get into work and I get a call:

Me: Hello?
Random caller: Hi.
Me: Hi.
Random caller: It's Sarah.
Me: Sarah, Sarah?
Random caller: Yea.

Background: my wedding, I invited my friend Sarah who I had known, lived with and helped raise her kid, Michael, for probably 14 years. I lived with her when he was a baby and moved out when he was 4. So, I was "the dad". He he he. Single mom, she was. Anyway, I invited her to the wedding and she said, I want to be your photographer. (This is one of her many "passions" that she had picked up and never really took it to the next level). I told her I'd talk to my man and I wanted to see her work. After considering it all, really I just wanted her there as a guest, not working. I told her this. Her response? "If I can't get my best friend to hire me for her wedding, how am I supposed to convince complete strangers to hire me?" I explained to her that I really wanted her there, but not as a photographer. I sent her an invitation. No response. no calls. No emails. No nothin. That was a year and a half ago. I found her son on MySpace and have been talking to him for some time, not wanting to get involved with his mom again...

Well he told her that we had been talking, which is what sparked her call..

She goes on to tell me that she's not mad at me, and that she thought I was mad at her, or that I should have been mad at her for her behavior.

Me: No worries, I hold no grudges.

Filling me in on her life, she's working with a nutritionist. Uh, okay... then she goes on to tell me that this man is a miracle worker, heals ADD, ADHD, Allergies, CANCER.... yes, cancer.

She went on for 51 minutes. Her dogs even go to this guy for "vitamins". Dogs. Okay, I love my beebees, but a nutritionist?

Felt like a dream, talking to her. Running over a million different vitamins, how she quit her job at a restaurant because the food was making her hands bleed... Apparently the pesticides on the veggies... she's allergic to. Oh, and of course, how she was poisoned by our home town, which neither of us live in anymore. That's actually quite possible as it's terribly ghetto-licious.

I thought I had a bunch of witty things to talk about this morning but she just blew them all out of the water and I'm not really sure what to think...

GO BEARS! That's all. For now.

0 comments: